I found this fantastic site at the start of my two week wait and actually read every single passage listed on here during my own TWW. I am thrilled to share my story, in hopes it will help some of you...
My husband and I got married in our 30's in 2008, so we decided to try for a family right away as we both were ready. My journey has been long and difficult over the past 4 years of TTC. Through it all, several months were cancelled due to cysts on my ovaries...
-- 2009 Clomid for 5 Cycles
-- 2009 HSG Test
-- 2010 IUIs - 3 Failed Cycles
-- 2010 Surgery: Laparoscopy to Confirm & Remove Endometriosis
-- 2011 Surgery: Hysteroscopy to Remove Uterine Polyps
-- 2011 Several Genetic Tests Completed
-- 2012 HSG Test
-- 2012 Cysts - 4 Cancelled Cycles, then put on BCP
-- 2012 Surgery: Hysteroscopy to Remove Uterine Polyps
Details for Month/Cycle:
My last cycle started on 10/22 and we began our injections a few days later. [Follistim & Menopur] On 10/31 I was ready for my IUI and had 4 follicles at full size. My hubby had a count of over 75M w/ a 90% Mobility after the "washing".
I was keeping a log of my injections and meds, so I tracked my symptoms during my two weeks.
1dpIUI: Cramps, laid down all day w/ my legs elevated, my abdomen felt "very full"
2dpIUI: Cramps, laid down most of the day, very gassy and bloated, still had the "full feeling"
3dpIUI: Back to normal routine, still bloated and full, started Crinone 8% Gel Daily
4dpIUI: Still bloated, a few cramps off and on, very teary/emotional, also constipated [literally little turd-lets for the rest of the week]
5dpIUI: Still bloated, a few more cramps off and on, constipated, had a more to eat today - very hungry, tender breasts/nipples
6dpIUI: Same as day 5
7dpIUI: More Bloated, cramps, and seriously constipated
8dpIUI: Vivid dream - got a BFP, started urinating in the middle of the night, tender breasts/nipples, sensitive to smells today
9dpIUI: Up to urinate at night, a few cramps, very gassy and bloated [like 4mths pregnant], also a few spots on pantie liner that were light red [implantation]
10dpIUI: Up to urinate at night, painfully bloated and gassy [tried prune juice and suppository for relief], tender nipples only
11dpIUI: Very vivid dream - pregnant w/ belly!, areolas look larger today, slight relief to constipation and bloating
12dpIUI: Up to urinate at night, a few cramps, and tired in the afternoon at work
13dpIUI: Up to urinate at night, a few cramps, some slight brown spotting today [Took a $Tree Test, Very Faint Positive]
14dpIUI: Up to urinate at night, a few cramps, some slight brown spotting - BETA TEST DAY
1st Beta on 11/14 - 291.9 & Progesterone >40
2nd Beta on 11/16 - 656.3 & Progesterone >40
3rd Beta on 11/21 - 7248.0 & Progesterone >40
Ultrasound at 5wks - Confirms TWINS!
Things I did differently this time than in past cycles:
1. Acupuncture for Fertility - I highly recommend, worth the money! [Weekly]
2. Also took some Yoga classes and listened to the Spa Station on Pandora to stay relaxed.
3. Gave up coffee ENTIRELY - this is a biggie for me as I am a VIP Starbucks card holder. :)
4. Joined the Fertile Friends at my clinic, it matched me with someone at the same stage of treatment - THIS WAS HUGE. Very helpful to have someone to talk to and text after apts, freak outs over my injections etc!
5. Asked the hubby to come with me to all Apts/Tests. This was a great support and we both felt apart of each step.
6. Took Fish Oil and Baby Aspirin with my PreNatal Vitamin - - Daily.
7. Made sure I had 62oz of Water Daily
8. Tried to get 8-10 hours of sleep Daily
9. Requested the same nurse for each visit - this was a comfort and she knew every detail. If it's possible, it is worth the extra wait.
10. Rubbed my belly and spoke to it as if I was pregnant - keeping a positive outlook and mindset can be so hard but really critical!
Ladies - I really never thought this day would come, and while I must admit I am still a little anxious to get to that 12wk mark....we are just over the moon EXCITED!! I am beginning to feel like we received an "extra" gift after waiting so long. I welcome the big belly and morning sickness with open arms!!!
Your day will come, just believe it in your heart...