I just wanted to share my story. I am 12 weeks pregnant and I feel like I need to give my 2 cents. I have been reading lots of BFP stories while I was TTC and I can't believe I am finally writing this :)
Me (32) and DH (39) decided to start trying on October 2011 for our first. We were just using condoms before that, because I hate the pill. So on January 2012 we got lucky!
Important to know: I've been charting my menstrual cycles and taking my temperature even before starting TTC. I charted for a few months and it really helps. Thank God I have a regular cycle, every 28 days. I highly recommend the book: "Taking Charge of your Fertility." It helped me a lot, opened my eyes and contains lots of information every woman should know.
Well, before my lucky month this is what I did:
- Tried to eat healthier, organic when possible, org. eggs, org. milk, fruits and veggies. I don't like junk food, so that's a plus. I don't drink soda either.
- I did try MACA powder with smoothies. Oh! and tried to give him MACA as well, every once in a while, because he doesn't like the taste. I remember I also gave him Brazilian Nuts, which are good for fertility. I had them too.
- I took Royal Jelly pills just for a month before conceiving, when I conceived I stopped taking them, just in case.
- Organic Raspberry Leaf Tea, but of course I stopped drinking it once I found out I was pregnant. You shouldn't drink herbal teas while pregnant. - I was also taking Prenatals.
- Basically just making sure I was eating healthy, for healthy eggs :) Also, the organic full fat dairy yogurt was nice and I think it helped.
- Go easy on the gym, do not push yourself to the limit, just try doing some yoga and pilates or maybe dance lessons. You need to have at least 18% of fat if you want to conceive. So you have to choose between a six pack and a baby. LOL. Also, being overweight isn't ideal either. There has to be a balance.
- I wasn't really 100% relaxed, because I was focused on conceiving and doing lots of research online and reading my fertility books. So "try to relax and it will happen" is not true.
- I had sex just 2 days in a row during my fertile phase, those days I had lots of EWCM.
As far as symptoms:
2DPO and 3DPO: twinges left side
4DPO: twinges right side, sneezing, boobs tender to touch, stuffy nose.
5DPO- 8DPO: boobs tender to touch
9DPO: weird pain just in the nipples (never felt that before) it comes and goes
10DPO-11DPO: very hungry
12DPO: BFP with FRER !!! Couldn't believe my eyes. (two very strong lines!)
This is our first baby, so we are very excited! :)
Good luck and God Bless.