I received my BFP today!! My DH and I have been TTC on and off for the past four years!! I can’t believe it! I’ve been sitting at work ALL DAY after getting a BFP at 5:30AM and am ready to jump out of my skin! I won’t get too much into what didn’t work for me as all I had tried before was just the basics of preconception which includes a healthy diet, increase water, have sex, get sleep, and such.
This cycle, I tried to follow TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) method and, without diagnosing myself, I followed what it suggested to combat a Cold Uterus which can actually prevent implantation. Below is a list of what I did, including the TCM which I adopted:
What I did differently:
1. Hormonal Balancing Yoga every other day leading up suspected Ovulation
2. Two Week Wait Yoga the day after suspected Ovulation
3. Avoided “damp” foods such as yogurt, milk, cheese, butter, ice cream, and greasy foods.
4. Consumed Cayenne Pepper at least once a day nearly every day of the Day 1- Day 25 to keep my uterus warm and inviting for my precious little baby
5. Took Ginger Baths once a week to keep my uterus and the rest of my body warm, again, to aide implantation
6. Took ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) baths once a week combined with Epsom Salts to rid my body of any toxins
7. Took Prenatal & Omega 3 Fatty Acid supplements
8. Used Preseed and DTD CD 8, 12, & 13 with suspected Ovulation on CD14 going by previous months.
9. I avoided OPKs this month mainly because I only like CB Digital Advanced but didn’t want to fork up the cash and left it up to God for the timing.
10. Prayer Prayer Prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!
CD 1- CD7: Did my best to incorporate a healthy meal plan and survive the period from another planet
CD 8: DTD
CD9: No symptoms logged
CD 10: Increased sex drive, Crampy, Gas, Pelvic pain on both sides, Bloating
CD 11: No symptoms logged
CD 12: DTD with preseed
CD 13: DTD with preseed, Cramps, Backaches
CD 14: Suspected Ovulation Day!!!
1DPO: Right Pelvic Pain (which I found weird because I normally ovulate from my left side) No usual sore breasts
2DPO: No usual sore breasts
3DPO: Weird gush of EWCM (second guessing if I should have just opted to get the CB OPK), no sex drive, cramps, acne on my nose, pelvic pain on both sides, lower backache, No usual sore breasts
4DPO: No usual sore breasts
5DPO: No usual sore breasts
6DPO: Watery CM, cramps, no sex drive, left pelvic pain, diarrhea, headaches, tender BBs FINALLY
7DPO: Backaches, cramps, and left pelvic pain, cried at a commercial about HPV
8DPO: Cramps, Constipation, right pelvic pain, backache
9DPO: Negative pregnancy test, No symptoms logged
10DPO: Crying easily, no sex drive or appetite, tender breasts, gas, diarrhea, bloating
11DPO: BFN, No symptoms logged
12DPO: BFP at 5:30AM and 2 more since!!! 1 Digital and 2 FRER!! At the moment, all I feel is just off and on cramps which I know are normal BUT still worry me. They aren’t as bad as AF but they are a little uncomfortable. I actually woke up with them thinking of taking an ibuprofen so that prompted me to take the test. I took it, put it down, walked away thinking “if God wants this to be, it will be, and if not, I will just move on to taking even better care of myself” I prayed before I even opened the package, to be honest. The first test I took, showed me the pamphlet symbol and per the instructions, prompted me to take another test which turned out to be my BFP!! It was one the sweetest surprises God has given me! This will be our 3rd child and I am MORE THAN EXCITED to welcome him or her! Or them?! AGH! I hope this is helpful to someone, anyone trying on their own. Just know the wait is hard, but nothing happens when it is not supposed to. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, each month you do NOT conceive, just remember that just was not your month, but the next MAY be! Take it as an opportunity to do something BETTER for you. Take a drink, eat healthier, start your workout, start meditation, all these things not only can help aid conception, but can help YOU in the process of all of this. Most importantly, pray, and leave it to GOD. His timing is perfect and I’ve waited for 4 years blaming him, jealous of friends and family until I realized that their journey isn’t mine! It will all work out the way it is supposed to! God bless you all!