I would like to share my story with all of you lovely ladies as this site has made the TWW's bearable. I got my beautiful BFP at 15dpo and I have God to thank, because He made this possible.
I'm 29 and my wonderful DH is 31, we've been married for 5 years. We've been trying to conceive for 4 months, which is not really a long wait I know, but it felt like forever! So my heart and prayers go out to those of you who have been trying for so much longer and still waiting for a BFP!
I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago and was told that I did not ovulate; I was put on Yasmine and Glucophage. The PCOS cleared up, but every time I went off BC the cysts came back. So I had to go back on BC, delaying TTC every time. I went off the Pill last year and we decided to TTC this January, but then 3 cycles of BFN's made me think that maybe the PCOS is back or that we'll have to go for fertility treatments if it doesn't happen this year.
But this cycle I've decided to put my trust in God completely, my DH and I prayed, asking/begging God for a baby, as in His Word He says: Ask and you will receive. But that goes hand in hand with trusting Him. Every time this month when I had a negative thought that it's not going to be my month again, I would change my mindset and just thank God that He is going to answer our prayers and HE DID!
Despite the PCOS, I always had a very regular cycle of 28-30 days. This month we BD every other day from CD 10-20. I had EWM and ovulation pain on CD 17, but this time the ovulation pain was very painful, so that was weird, I thought that maybe it was a cyst and not ovulation but I tried not to think about PCOS and cysts and concentrate on positive thoughts and trusting God.
What we did different this month:
- We BD past the suspected ovulation day, as before we would stop the day before ovulation due to work schedules
- I continued taking my Calcium and Magnesium supplement, my Folic Acid Forte supplement with B-complex and I also started taking Vitamin C as it helps with the absorption of Iron from your food and Iron helps with fertility (check out this link: http://pregnancy-wonder.blogspot.com/2010/08/can-iron-help-increase-your-fertility.html)
- Both my DH and I started drinking green tea, although we both hate the taste! - I also replaced coffee with Rooibos tea (many health benefits and tastes great. Check out these links:
My TWW symptoms:
- Cramping: started at 6dpo, got worse at 8dpo, stopped at 12dpo
- Breakouts: I had no breakouts this month which was a definite sign as I usually break out just before AF
- CM: Increase in CM (creamy) 7&8dpo
- Sensitive and swollen BB's: Started at 7dpo and continued getting more sore and swollen
- Sore nips: Started at 13dpo
- Spotting: I had a few specks of blood on TP when I wiped at 8dpo (implantation?)
This month I decided not to test until I miss my period by at least 1 day, as I used to be a POAS addict and the BFN's just got me down. So I tested 2 days ago and BFP!!! We are so excited and so thankful for our little miracle! Today I'm 17dpo and I get terrible nausea and headaches, especially in the evenings. BB's and nips continue being sore and I have insomnia, which I never get! But all the symptoms are worth it! Sorry for the loooong story, but I just wanted to share it with all of you as so many of you helped me during my TWW. Those of you who are still waiting for your BFP's, just have faith and believe that it will happen, because it will.
Lots and lots of baby dust!!! xxx