Hey ladies. I am so amazed that I finally got my BFP after 2.5 years of TTC. I want to share my story in hopes it will help others who are struggling with fertility issues and to encourage you to never lose hope!
After TTC for 1.5 year natural with no luck (no chemicals or miscarriages either), I saw a fertility specialist for 1 year and tried Clomid and IUI. Nothing worked. DH and I had every test under the sun and everything came back normal. We were diagnosed with "unexplained infertility" and told IVF would likely not work for us. So we quit the fertility treatments.
I refused to give up, so I decided to do the only thing i hadn't tried before - natural remedies. I thought this was all BS but figured it couldn't hurt and I was so desperate. To my shock, it worked! I got my BFP!
Here is what I did starting from CD1 until the day I got my BFP:
1. Grapefruit juice: 2 large glases a day. This is supposed to help regulate ovulation and make you ovulate sooner in your cycle. I used to always ovulate CD20, but this made me ovulate CD14! It also helps strengthen the uterus and create fertile CM.
2. "Fertile CM" from Fairhaven Health: 3 pills a day. You take one in the morning, afternoon, and evening. This helps create EWCM and also helps make the uterine lining "sticky" and aide in implantation.
3. OvaBoost from Fairhaven Health: 4 pills a day. You take all 4 pills at once before bed because it makes you drowsy. This helps with egg quality.
4. Co-Q10: 1 tablet a day. Aids in implantation due to its ability to help with cell generation and energy.
5. FertilTea from Fairhaven Health: 3 cups of tea a day (8 oz cups). This is supposed to be all around supportive of reproductive health. It has green tea in it which is really good for maintaining optimal uterine lining.
6. Water: I drank a ton of water. Seriously, I was constantly drinking water-probably around 16 8-oz glasses a day. Dehydration can play a major role in infertility because it dries out the cervical mucus, making your body hostile to sperm.
7. I gave up caffeine. I had already drastically cut back on caffeine and was following the pregnancy guidelines of under 200mg a day, but this time I completely cut it out. This is the hardest thing I have ever done! I was so addicted! Caffeine can dry out your CM and cause early miscarriages.
8. Put more emphasis on temps and EWCM than OPKs. My temps and CM indicated a fertile window before I got my +opk, so we BD during that time and then again when I got my +opk. Looking at my temp chart, its most likely I actually ovulated before my +opk (Please don't leave comments telling me this is impossible. I know its highly unlikely, but it is possible I caught my LH surge at the tail end).
9. Used Pre-Seed lubricant. I had used this before on the "male part", but this time I used the female internal/vaginal applicator method.
10. Took a "BFP Brand" HPT form Fairhaven Health and got my BFP on CD 20 / 6 DPO (temp chart indicated implantation at 4-5 DOP).