We have been using FAM for contraception, and I've always been pretty regular so there was rarely any guessing as to my fertile phases.
I had been taking my BBT every morning for months on end, but it was stressing me out because I would obsess over every single little dip or rise in my charts. So, with my husband's blessing, I gave up on temping a few months ago and relied solely on other ovulation cues: EWCM and ovulation pain-- both of which are regular indicators for me...
...until THIS MONTH! I could have sworn I'd ovulated right on time, around CD 13. I had several days of copious EWCM and some very noticeable ovulation pain. Usually, these symptoms clear up suddenly as soon as ovulation is done. But in this month's case...I started getting clear, slick CM each day, beginning around CD 16. (Weird because I usually dry up right after ovulation). But it wasn't enough like true EWCM to raise my suspicions too much. And, I reasoned with myself, hadn't I already CLEARLY ovulated this month? Meh, it's fine, it's probably some weird fluke. [We resumed daily unprotected DTD around this time as well!]
But on the night of CD 20 I started having what were unmistakably ovulation-like pains on my right side...followed by some very obvious EWCM the next morning. After doing some slightly panicked research online, I realized that my body just might have "geared up" for ovulation at the normal time this month, and then failed to actually follow through with it, until now.
So I started tracking my symptoms by DPO, based on this new estimated ovulation date (either CD 20 or 21):
CD 22: 1/2 dpo:
- some right side pain
- a few tiny left side pains (!)
- gob of gummy/stretchy CLEAR cm
- slick clear thin cm
- In the evening: out of nowhere my left knee joint started really hurting.
CD 23: 2/3 dpo:
- dry cm
- slept restlessly
- craving sugar
- fleeting vague crampiness
- my stomach got super knotted-up and nauseated tonight during a discussion about vaccinations with my husband. This felt like anxiety but was really weird because it’s been a while since I’ve felt anxiety nausea about anything.
- pounding heartbeat tonight
- made cupcakes from a mix because I was craving them
CD 24: 3/4 dpo:
- still dry cm
- woke up with heart still pounding — didn’t feel particularly anxious about anything though
- assorted abdominal zings and pings
- nausea this evening before dinner
- Heart palpitations and nausea and chills after DTD tonight --- DTD was also painful internally.
CD 25: 4/5 dpo:
- cm is wetter, kind of milky (in AM)
- then cm dried up again
- Crampy legs and abdomen this morning, like typical vague PMS crampiness
- Stabbing left boob pain this morning for a while
- felt a bit dizzy/spacey early afternoon, while simultaneously (and suddenly) a bit nauseated. This passed.
- stabbing/throbbing and significant pain near right hip bone late tonight, this lasted a few minutes and MIGHT have been just gas since I was having other gas pains around that time. [I think now this might have been implantation!]
- bought a bag of sour Skittles and ate half of it late tonight (the other half in the morning)
- lower right back feels “cricky” and it feels good to stretch it
CD 26: 5/6 dpo:
- misophonia/irritability/frustration in high swing (a typical PMS symptom for me)
- some crampiness
- cm still basically dry as a bone, saw a tiny tiny bit of yellowish-green mucus, which is also not unusual for me
- some mild heartburn
- vertigo while sitting down and working very still at my desk
- somewhat gassy
- anxiety and OCD flaring up
CD 27: 6/7 dpo:
- right uterine pinging pains for a while this morning — this has happened before so not too special
- CM is picking up. Got a noticeable piece of stringy white stuff this morning — this has also happened multiple times at this point in the cycle in past months, not special
- also got multiple noticeable fingertip-fuls of white creamy cm (finger to cervix)
- Intermittent abdominal cramping
- Mood is somewhat better.
- A bit of mild heartburn
- A few left boob stabbing pains
- basically began sobbing happy tears just listening to sweet love songs while looking at photos of my husband and me, and crying because I love him so much (haha)
- Convinced AF was on the way. Horrible "pre-cramping" in my abs, back, and legs tonight, and I feel like crap.
- Several minutes of heart palpitations late tonight, really bothersome and concerning