Still in shock after testing BFP this morning on 13DPO.
Came off BCP after 3 years in August 2004, and had 3 or 4 normal periods, which then stopped entirely. After many blood tests and eventually having to pay to see a private consultant, i was diagnosed with PCOS due to abnormal hormone levels (high FSH:LH ratio, high testosterone and high prolactin).
Was given Clomid and told to take 50mg days 3-7. I also had bloods taken on days 21 and 28 to check progesterone levels to see if the Clomid had made me O.
After round 1, there was no O at all.
Round 2 was 100mg on days 3-7. Again, O.
I was absolutely devastated as I had such high hopes for Clomid after hearing of all the BFPs on this site. My doc told me that I was probably Clomid resistant and said i could do one more round at 150mg days 3-7, and then switch to Tamoxifen.
Round 3 showed no ) by day 21 with a progesterone of less than 1, so I assumed that my day 28 would be the same.
I phoned for the results last week, and was astounded when the nurse said that the levels were over 30.
I was thrilled to even O, but had no hope of a BFP since my DH was out of town for 5 days around this time and so thought that our timing was well off. Because i was so sure that Clomid was not working, I even stopped taking my temp and so have no idea when I actually O although it must have been somewhere between day 21 and day 28 based on bloods. This morning, I found a HPT in my bathroom which I forgot I had, and even though I have been trying to wait until after 14DPO, I thought I would just take it for a laugh.
I nearly fainted when it came up BFP!
I wrote 'BABY' on my stomach with an arrow pointing downwards and went in to DH who was still in bed, and asked him to lift up my Tshirt. He was over the moon.
So, signs and symptoms over the last week.....
- For the last 4 or 5 days, I have been having weird cramping pains in my uterus? and ovaries?, sort of quite sharp and stabbing.
- Last night, I did think my labia (TMI) looked a bit darker and swollen.
- CP has been low and firm and closed for days.
- Not much CM to speak of but the stuff i have had is yellowish and thick.
- Boobs a tiny bit sore but probably wouldn't have noticed it if I had not been looking for this. Nipples also a bit sensitive.
- I am a vet nurse, and at work, was cleaning out a poopy dog kennel and started to gag at the smell even though I am usually not phased at all by poo, blood or anything else. Also started to gag at the smell of cat food and when cleaning out my own cats litter boxes.
- One incident of pins and needles in my right wrist and fingers which lasted about 2 minutes.
- Achy feeling in my groin and area where my legs join on to body, kind of dull and crampy.
That's all I can think of just now.
Still in shock.
Thank you God.