Let me start by saying that the TTC and BFP Stories board were life-savers for me during my two week wait. I promised myself that if I ever got a BFP of my own, I would definitely post my experience here.
It took four cycles, but we finally did it! I’m feeling pretty great so far and I really hope we’ve got a sticky one. I tracked cycles 2-4 by DPO and have included all the details below—as you can see, I was definitely a symptoms spotter! I’ve also included some information about myself and my cycles. I hope this helps!
• AVERAGE CYCLE LENGTH- 26-29 days.
• MISSED PERIODS- I have never missed a period.
• ABNORMAL SPOTTING- never.
• PMS SYMPTOMS- Yes. I usually have symptoms approx. 1-2 weeks before my period. These include cramps, mild acne break-outs, food cravings and moodiness. I would not generally consider these symptoms unmanageable.
• FAMILY HISTORY: my mother had a Fallopian tube blocked w/ scar tissue (cause unknown) and subsequently had an ectopic pregnancy. It took her 9 months after surgery to conceive. My maternal and paternal grandmothers had normal pregnancies.
• PRENATAL VITAMINS- I have been taking prenatal vitamins since the beginning of January 2017 when we started TTC.
• AVERAGE LUTEAL PHASE- 11-12 days.
• FERTILITY AIDS- I used Clear Blue digital opk for cycles 1-3. On cycle 4, I used the Clear Blue Advanced digital opk. I used pre-seed for cycles 3 and 4. I did not temp.
• AVERAGE SUSPECTED OVULATION DAY- cycle day 16-18
I didn’t start charting extensively this cycle. Apologies for the caps.
• LAST PERIOD- 12/30/16
• LH SURGE NOTED- 1/14/17
• OVULATED PER POSITIVE OPK- 1/14/17-1/17/17
• HAD INTERCOURSE- 1/11/17, 1/12/17, 1/14/17
• AF CRAMPS NOTED 8-10 dpo
• PERIOD: 1/28/17
• LAST PERIOD: 1/28/17
• NEXT PERIOD DUE: 2/26/17
CD 13 (2/9/17)- HAD INTERCOURSE.
CD 14 (2/10/17)- HAD INTERCOURSE. NEG. OPK
CD 15 (2/11/17)- WATERY CM NOTED. NEG OPK.
CD 16 (2/12/17)- LH SURGE NOTED ON OPK AT 3:00 PM. HAD INTERCOURSE AT 9 AM AND AGAIN AT 9:00 PM. WATERY/MILKY/THIN CM. NO DETECTABLE EWCM.
CD 17 (2/13/17)- LH SURGE NOTED AGAIN OPK AT 3:00 PM. OVULATION CRAMPING STARTED AROUND 7 PM AND LASTED UNTIL APROX. 11 PM. HAD INTERCOURSE AT 9:00 PM. CM SAME AS YESTERDAY, VERY WATERY.
CD 18 OR 1 DPO (2/14/17)- NO LH SURGE DETECTED AT 11:00 AM. SCANT AMOUNT OF EWCM FOUND W/ BOWEL MOVEMENT, OTHERWISE CM WAS STILL WATERY. NO OTHER SYMPTOMS NOTED.
CD 19 OR 2 DPO (2/15/17)- DULL, GENERALIZED/RIGHT SIDED AF CRAMPS IN THE AFTERNOON FROM OVULATION? CM ALTERNATES BETWEEN THIN AND MILKY AND THICK AND CREAMY WHITE.
CD 20 OR 3 DPO (2/16/17)- NO CM NOTED (TINY DROP OF EWCM ON BM), SLIGHT CRAMPS AT NIGHT, NO OTHER SYMPTOMS NOTED.
CD 21 OR 4 DPO (2/17/17)- SCANT, THICK CM. NO CRAMPS, MOODY, INCREASED CM AT NIGHT.
CD 22 OR 5 DPO (2/18/17)-STRANGE DREAMS.
CD 23 OR 6 DPO (2/19/17)- GASSY, HEADACHE, SORE THROAT, BODY ACHES, WATERY/MILKY CM
CD 24 OR 7 DPO (2/20/17)- BREAST PAIN, CM THICK AND WHITE, 99.5 TEMP IN AM, DULL, EARLY MORNING CRAMPS ON RIGHT SIDE.
CD 25 OR 8 DPO (2/21/17)- STILL STUFFY, TIRED, H/A, SNEEZING, SINUS PRESSURE, LIGHT COUGH, CM IS MILKY/THICK AND WHITE, RIGHT SIDED AF PAINS 10 PM, 99 TEMP.
CD 26 OR 9 DPO (2/22/17)- STILL STUFFY, TIRED, HEADACHE, SNEEZING, SINUS PRESSURE, LIGHT COUGH, CM IS THICK AND WHITE, BIG BURST OF IT AROUND 3 PM AND 7 PM. R SIDED TWINGES AROUND 3. NO CRAMPS. NEGATIVE FLU TEST.
CD 27 OR 10 DPO (2/23/17)- STUFFY, HEADACHE, SINUS PRESSURE, LIGHT COUGH & SNEEZING, THICK, WHITE CM, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS YESTERDAY. NO CRAMPS.
CD 28 OR 11 DPO (2/24/17)- VERY TIRED. THICK, WHITE CM/SCANT CM.
CD 29 OR 12 DPO (2/25/17)- VERY TIRED. RIGHT SIDED AND GENERALIZED CRAMPS. THICK, WHITE CM.
CD 30 OR 13-14 DPO (2/26/17)- CRAMPS EARLY AM. AF ARRIVED AT 6PM. DEFINITE YEAST INF.
LAST PERIOD: 2/26/17
NEXT PERIOD DUE: 3/27/17
WHAT I DID DIFFERENTLY: PRE-SEED STARTED
CD 11: NEGATIVE OPK
CD 12: INTERCOURSE (NO LUBE), NEGATIVE OPK
CD 13: INTERCOUSE (NO LUBE), NEGATIVE OPK
CD 14: NEGATIVE OPK
CD 15 (3/12/17): EWCM W/ BOWEL MOVEMENT, BUT OTHERWISE DRY, INTERCOURSE EARLY 9-10 AM W/ ASTROGLIDE, POSITIVE OPK 4:30 PM, INTERCOURSE W/ PRESEED 7:30 PM
CD 16 (3/13/17): POSITIVE OPK 10:30 AM, DRY CM, INTERCOURSE AT 10 PM W/ PRESEED, AF CRAMPS 7 PM. O?
CD 17 (3/14/17) 1 DPO: NEGATIVE OPK IN AM AND AFTERNOON. INTERCOURSE W/ PRESEED AT 1 PM.
CD 18 (3/15/17) 2 DPO: NOTHING. DRY/THICK CM. MILD AF CRAMPS AT NIGHT. VERY HUNGRY. ACNE BREAKOUT ON CHIN. FREQUENT URINATION.
CD 19 (3/16/17) 3 DPO: THICK, WHITE CM. PAIN IN LEFT THIGH VEIN. MILD AF CRAMPS. FREQUENT URINATION. INTERCOURSE IN EVENING.
CD 20 (3/17/17) 4 DPO: NOTHING. DRY CM
CD 21 (3/18/17) 5 DPO: NOTHING. DRY CM. HAD INTERCOURSE TWICE.
CD 22 (3/19/17) 6 DPO: NOTHING, MILKY CM.