positive OPK 10DPO??!!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

positive OPK 10DPO??!!

Postby ash2012 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:58 am

Im due for AF in 2 days,i just decided to do an OPK for the hell of it,dunno why!anyway it was positive!My last OPk test was positive 10 days b4 that.im now 11DPO and tested OPK again and came up faint positive then tested again 2nyt and got a negative?!what the?!I know u can gear up to O then it can fail then try again later on,i also know that OPK can test for pregnancy too as its almost the same hormone but 1 chromozone diff so will still detect it.iv also read the LH surge can show up right b4 AF,grrr sooo confusing!confusing still is 1DPO with the 1st test i started spotting right up until 10DPO which is when i took the second OPk which was positive again.The 1st test i did 2 days later was neg so 1 would think i did O back then and not now.im confused just reading this so can imagine no1 will understand what im on about lol! FYI i have endometriosis but never had this b4 but last cycle most of it was old blood which is what the spotting iv had was all old blood and no red at all
ash2012
Friend

Postby MyFriendsleftme » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 am

Hi, have you tried a pregnancy test? I have tried & proven the theory that OPKs turn positive if you are pregnant. However the catch is that the pregnancy test will show positive first. What I mean is that the OPK didn't show positive until I could already see a line on the pregnancy tests. Good Luck, I hope you get your positive sooN!!!
D's BFP Chart
BFP 3-30 @ 9DPO

Dougie born 40 weeks 2 days
12-12

Melissa~Art: A~14, J~11, M~8, A~6, M~3 & D~14 months
MyFriendsleftme
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maddy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 am

I agree test with a HPT and also BD just in case you are Oing now!
maddy

Postby Baby_Bumble_Bee » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Did you ever find out if it was because you were pregnant or ovulating or neither??

I'm experiencing the same thing, so it would be nice to know your outcome :)
TTC for 1 1/2 years for baby #1 , DX: PCOS August 2012, Angel Baby, May 2011
Baby_Bumble_Bee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff