How can I tell how many DPO I am if......

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How can I tell how many DPO I am if......

Postby JazzBaby » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello ladies,

Here is my situation. I am 36 years old and hubby and I have been trying to have out first baby. I dont take my temp, I just do the LH testing 2x a day (morning & night). This cycle was weird for me because on CD 36 I got a positive OPK, I used the Wondfo brand and I didnt think this cycle I was going to ovulate.

Ok so hubby and I BD on Sunday April 1 which was CD 34 both OPK's were negative. On CD 35, we didnt BD and both OPK's were negative. Now, on morning of CD 36 OPK was negative and in the night it was positive, so we BD that night. I also got confirmation with the Clearblue Digital ovulation stick that I indeed were ovulating because I got the happy face. Now, that night I was feeling my ovaries sore like and little sharp pains were felt here and there. Now from CD 37 and on I havent had a positive OPK's. Now, my question is how can I tell how many DPO I am on. The OPKs just tell you the LH surge is detected but not the actual ovulation date. Like I mentioned I am not charting my temps. Can someone help me? I am trying to see when I should test to see if this is the month that I conceive. I dont feel anything so far. Also, is it possible to have an LH surge for 1 day? I just need someones opinion.

FYI: I was pregnant last year and had a m/c at like 7 wks.

Thanks, good luck and lots of baby dust your way!
JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby owlpwr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 am

The only way to tell if you have ovulated and what dpo you are is to temp/chart, wish I could be of more help, Good Luck to you!
Me~35
DH~33

BFP~4-12-10~mmc/D&E~9-17-10
BFP~3-01-11*Identical Twins*
mmc/D&C~6-14-11(TTTS)
BFP~7-08-12~mc~4w5d
BFP~8-20-12~mmc~7w4d(no hb)
BFP~3~01~13 HB 166 Due~11~12~13
owlpwr
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wescottswife » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am

JazzBaby - I dont temp or anything, I can usually feel when i ovulate, and seeing as I don't use much else but counting of days, I use that day as my base for DPO.... My cylces are pretty regualar, I keep track using an app on my phone for my cylce days & when I should ovualte, its been pretty spot on.........and always have been, and if you can feel when you ovulate I dont see whay you cant just use that day as your starting......Im sure I ovuated around the 6th of April, Had EWCM 2 days before that....slight cramping on my left side...so Im guessing to be around 4DPO.....Sop jusst start counting the day you ovulate if you know.. GL!
wescottswife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JazzBaby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 pm

thanks ladies.
JazzBaby
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to General TTC Stuff