How do you tame the green monster?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How do you tame the green monster?

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I just found out a distant second cousin is pregnant again ... and i know this will sound horrible ... i want to be happy for them but all I'm felling is jealousy and hurt! I should be happy for them and deep down inside i am but my first reaction is why couldn't that be me.

I know they are a lot younger than me and that is why it is not taking them long but I still can't help but feel resentment towards them.

How do you deal with your freinds, neighbours, family telling you they are pregnant?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tifsbabycrazy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I work in a resort thats very family oriented so all I see are babies and pregnant woman I get sooooo jealous especially when I see those women 6 months pregnant with a baby still in diapers in their hand it's like why not me I just want one!!!! and not to mention that fact that every day I get on fb one of my friends or family are announcing that they are pregnant talk about a daily slap in the face... I am happy for them all but yes I'm jealous to the 10000000 power and theres nothing I can do to change it except for get pregnant lol you are not alone
Tifsbabycrazy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SamLeeC » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

I completely understand!!! I'm having jealousy issues myself, my cousin (who is like my sister, I was her maid of honor) got pregnant the first month she tried, and my sister in law just got pregnant with her 2nd, the list goes on.

I find that my initial reaction to them when they tell me is happiness and then I run off and have a good cry. Then as their pregnancies are progressing I'm finding it's easier to not focus on the fact that I'm not pregnant, but the fact that I'll be blessed to have their baby in my life and I find myself excited (even though there are stabs of pain/jealousy here and there).

Something I find helps me is focusing on doing the things around the house to prepare for a future baby (i.e. painting and replacing carpet in room that will be a future playroom, finally getting interior door knobs that actually work, etc.) I also have been trying to focus on my health, and my new found passion...photography. It's great to keep my mind occupied and makes me feel better.

Just some suggestions...I feel your pain...hang in there...before we know it, we'll be pregnant! ;)
SamLeeC
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:00 am

I am focusing on my health and reading anything I can find on getting pregnant naturally especially focused on over 40 women. I have joined Weight Watchers and since January 9, 2012 I have lost 15 lbs. so I figure that HAS TO HELP! Also I cut back my coffee from an XL daily to a medium.

I just feel that TTC is all consuming ... I try not to let it take over my thoughts but it always does. I just wish I would get pregnant, have a healthy baby ... then I can re-focus on my family and just enjoy our family. Don't get me wrong, I am focused on our DS ... I just have the nagging thought always in the back of my mind about TTC.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby notbarbarabush » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:12 am

I don't think I was ever really jealous. With TTC DD, I was just impatient. It felt like I was never going to get pregnant even though we conceived on our 4th cycle. Drama queen much? :lol:
I saw pregnant women everywhere and it just made me want it so bad.

This time, I don't know if it's b/c it's our first cycle for #2 but I'm just going with the flow. I have this luxury since we conceived DD so fast that I'm hopeful that it won't take long for this one as well. I want to get pregnant but if it doesn't happen this month then I'll be okay with it. I know my time is coming and statistically it's sooner than later.

For the women still trying for their firsts and for over a year or for women reaching AMA....you can't tame it. :(
FF Chart
Me: 24
DH: 29
DD: 2
notbarbarabush
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MSBLACK32 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 am

Family members due in June,July,Aug. and Sept. and 3 of them are teenagers :? ,I have a son but he's 3 and i'm getting older.We just wanna have another baby sooooo bad :(
MSBLACK32
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff