**ROLL CALL!**

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: **ROLL CALL!**

Postby electric.lioness » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Jessica & Kevin
Age/Partner's Age: 31 (32 in August) & 25 (26 in May)
How long have you been together: will be 3 years at the end of june, but married for almost 7 months.
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: no human babies yet, but we have a dog!
How long have you been TTC: we just started this month!
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: not that we know of, we just figured we'd try naturally for a bit & see how it goes.
What are your TTC plans for 2016: using apps to track symptoms & gathering info from this site & others, trying to eat foods & take supplements that can increase fertility, lots and lots of sex. if it doesn't happen in a few months, i'll start temping every day and possibly ovulation tests. i'm taking it month by month, since i've never tried to conceive before.
Anything about yourself you want to share: sometimes i have irregular periods. every once in awhile i'll just skip a month & i have no idea why. other times i have a perfectly on schedule cycle. i really hope this doesn't affect my fertility at all. since i've never been pregnant to my knowledge and i've dealt with the irregular period thing forever, i feel like i really have no idea what's going on with my body. i just REALLY hope that my worries are for nothing & that i'm able to get pregnant easily and carry a healthy child to term. i'm SO excited to be a mother, i've wanted to & loved children for as long as i can remember. wish me luck! wishing all of you luck as well! <3
me: 31
DH: 25
married since 9.6.15
TTC #1: since march 2016
electric.lioness
Friend

Postby SoCaliforniaGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Name/Partner's Name: E & M
Age/Partner's Age: 34 & 41
How long have you been together: Together almost two years, married for four months
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Just a seven-month-old puppy, Lucy. :)
How long have you been TTC: 3 months
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Not that we know of.
What are your TTC plans for 2016: I just started charting this cycle, and we will add a fertility monitor next cycle if this isn't our month. I'm also taking prenatal vitamins, and just started Co-Q10, omega-3 fish oil and vitex after reading extensively on which supplements are backed by scientific research on fertility and healthy pregnancy. I've also lived with T1D (an autoimmune form of diabetes, NOT related to diet, obesity or lifestyle) since I was five, and I"m monitoring my blood sugar like crazy. After six months of charting, if we're not pregnant yet, we'll see a reproductive endocrinologist--trying not to get too far ahead of ourselves!
SoCaliforniaGirl

Postby ccthompson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Hi, I'm Chandler and my husband's name is Tim

Age/Partner's Age: I am 32 and my husband is 37

Do you have children: No, this will be a first for both of us and we are so excited.

How long have you been TTC: 7 Months

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Husband was found to have extremely low sperm count, however he's been on treatment and it has drastically increased over the last 3 months. None that I know of for myself.

What are your TTC plans for 2016: I have been tracking my BBT for 6 Months, Pre-Natal pills for close to a year, 4 Natural Supplements to help promote hormone, uterine, and fertility health, healthy diet/exercise.

Anything about yourself you want to share: Both my husband and I have overcome personal challenges prior to meeting. I'm a recovering alcoholic with 6+ years of sobriety and my husband lost 140lbs and is now a certified nutritionist. We were engaged in 5 months and spent over a year planning our dream wedding. We both are ready for this next step and are so excited for the day it happens!!
ccthompson

Postby mnelson815 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Marina & Tom
Age/Partner's Age: 28, almost 29/28
How long have you been together: 5 years, married for 1 in August
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: None, just our fur child
How long have you been TTC: January 2016
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Possible endometriosis and uterine septum
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) I use OPK's, BBT, take a prenatal and NAC and have taken Vitex before but not noticed much so stopped. Thinking about a progesterone cream.
Anything about yourself you want to share: Would really love to hear anyone's positive stories that may be in a similar boat to myself. I am a pretty impatient person and its hard knowing I am going to have some struggles getting pregnant and how you can't get any fertility referrals until 6 months (due to my possible issues). Driving myself crazy over here waiting it out!
mnelson815
Friend

Postby Arynwins » Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am

Name/Partner's Name: My name is Aryn and my husband's name is Mark
Age/Partner's Age: I'm 18 and my husband is 25
How long have you been together:We just got married a month ago, and we got married after three months of dating!
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Not yet!
How long have you been TTC: This is the first cycle I've TTC
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Not that we're aware of, hopefully not!
Arynwins

Postby Eudaimonia » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:41 am

Hi everyone:

Name/Partner's Name: My name is Alice. His name is Peter.

Age/Partner's Age: I'm 32 and my husband is 29.

How long have you been together: We have been together for 10 year and married for 3.

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Work in progress...

How long have you been TTC: Four months.

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Not that I'm aware.

What are your TTC plans for 2016: We started trying properly in March. Though I do enjoy the process each month ;-) - I'm getting impatient because if it doesn't happen by the end of the summer we've decided to go in for tests.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I never used to want children, until I met my husband - it was like a sudden lightning strike moment - and I knew we were supposed to have kids together. We have lived in lots of different cities and countries, but we both feel like it's time to settle in one spot and start a family.
Eudaimonia
Friend

Postby NZJen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:07 am

I couldn't see any other intro posts so this seemed like a good place to start! :)

Name/Partner's Name: My name is Jen and hubby's name is Nick.

Age/Partner's Age: I'm 33 and my husband is 30.

How long have you been together: We have been together for 10 years and married for 3 (exactly the same as the previous poster, didn't even need to edit! Hehe) ;)

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Nope

How long have you been TTC: Have been NTNP for a bit but this month will be our first month making an actual effort (checking OPKs etc.)

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: No, but haven't checked yet

What are your TTC plans for 2016: We will start trying this month - I have started temping (though I'm a restless/light sleeper so I'm not sure how reliable the temp results will be), and will get some OPK tests as well. Have also been taking vitamins for a while, and trying to be better diet and exercise-wise.

Anything about yourself you want to share: Not sure what to put here! I've lived in New Zealand for 10 years, but am originally from the UK. There aren't any decent TTC forums here though so I went searching further afield! I run my own business from home, and am a life-long horsey girl, I have six at the moment. I live in fear that I will have a whole load of girls and they will alllll want ponies, haha (only joking, I would absolutely LOVE that!!) ;)
NZJen
Friend

Postby Shanbie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Name/Partner's Name: I am Shannon, my hubby is Chuck
Age/Partner's Age: 35 this July 20th!, Hubby is 37
How long have you been together: A little over a year, we had a quick courtship, we're both getting older and wanted to start life together.
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: My hubby has an awesome Stepdaughter from his late wife. She was 8 when they got married, and shes 25 now. (His first wife was 10 years older than him, and he married young.)
How long have you been TTC: I was married once before, and tried for around 2 years with PCOS, got divorced, so I'm actually thankful I didn't have a child with him. Me and current hubby have not been trying to prevent anything for months, but not really trying during my fertile times either except for the last two cycles. I've lost over 100lbs since my first TTC with ex, and my cycles are back to regular. I track my BBT and get a peak each month signaling the big O, so I'm hoping we'll be successful.
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: PCOS :(
What are your TTC plans for 2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Doing my BBT charting and seeing if we have any luck. With my PCOS history, were going to give ourselves a few cycles before I go back to a fertility doc.
Anything about yourself you want to share: I'm a registered nurse that just started working in a NICU, and my hubby is about to retire from the Army.
Shanbie
Friend

Postby Shia17 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Keisha and Mathew
Age/Partner's Age: 26 and 26 (hell be 27 in September)
How long have you been together: Together 7.5 years (8 in December)
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Nope :(
How long have you been TTC: 2 months
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Not that we know of
What are your TTC plans for 2016: I came off the pill after 7.5 years on the 30th May ...started taking pregnancy vitamins (Elevate) 1 month before that... Partner takes Fertilsen M...I have a hypothyroidism and anemia which I take thyroxin for and iron supplements....I started monitoring my cream last month and using my period calendar... however this month we have started temping and charting using FF...My partner has a varicocele vein ( checked by GP) if we don't conceive in the first year than we plan to get everything tested ....we plan to start using opks next month if this is not our month
Anything about yourself you want to share: I'm from NSW Australia and I love Tudor period history, game if Thrones and ancient Egypt
Shia17
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jshearer8415 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Jessica and Kain

Age/Partner's Age: 22 and 20

How long have you been together: 4 years

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Not yet

How long have you been TTC: 1 year

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: None confirmed

What are your TTC plans for 2016 (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) : actively trying, charting, possibly meds/supplements

Anything about yourself you want to share: Cant wait to become a mommy! Husband is wanting children badly as well. Having some issues getting our little family started though.
jshearer8415

Postby Transferpatient » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi everyone:

Name/Partner's Name: I'm Misti. My husband is Lamar.

Age/Partner's Age: I'm 29 and my husband is 30.

How long have you been together: We have been together for 14 years. Married for 10.

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: 2 children (1 boy/1 girl)

How long have you been TTC: Just started our journey

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: no

What are your TTC plans for 2016: We just recently decided to add one final child to our family. I had Mirena removed in July.

Anything about yourself you want to share:
Transferpatient
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby RachelLiz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Name/Partner's Name: I'm Rachel, and I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't want me to share his name :)
Age/Partner's Age: I'm 29, he's 31
How long have you been together: We've been together for six and a half years and married for 3 1/2
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: No children yet, but we have a wonderful dog!
How long have you been TTC: NTNP for the past 14 months; actively trying starting last month.
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Not that we know of
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We're trying right now just based on my cycles, without BBT charting so far, but we might start that if things take longer than we hope.
Anything about yourself you want to share: I'm a medical student, so we tend to work in "windows" timed with when it would be least difficult for me to give birth - not that it's ever not difficult, but hopefully I'm making sense! We're really really hoping that things work out over the next few months, otherwise we'll probably have to put trying on hold for a year or so and we're not excited about that possibility.

This seems like a lovely community - I'm excited to participate!
Me - 29, medical school
Hubs - 31, frequent travel
Both overweight, but no known conditions

Married 2013, 1 Amazing Dog

NTNP (after 10 years BCPs): July 2015-June 2016
Actively Trying: June 2016 -
RachelLiz

Postby toyota_chik » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello all, I popped my head in here yesterday and commented on a few threads but thought I better introduce myself properly.
Name/Partner's Name: Katrina and Matthew
Age/Partner's Age: 38 and 36
How long have you been together: Together 10, married 4
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: No children
How long have you been TTC: August 2016 is our first month properly TTC, we haven't been using any contraception since January but haven't being paying much attention to dates.
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Husband's semen analysis came back with 2% morphology, we are repeating the test next week to see if he was just having an off day. I am fat so that doesn't help, nor does my age.
What are your TTC plans for 2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) - I'm not up on all the TTC acronyms yet (I will read that post soon) or some of the things you can chart/follow to increase your chances, at the moment I'm using an AF app that indicates ovulation/fertile days and we're just having sex every other day for a week after day 10. I have a script for Clomid which I could start next month if we want to.
Anything about yourself you want to share: I have never been pregnant nor has my husband got any children/ever got anyone pregnant. Because of my age (38, eek) my doctor is quite keen on getting us all the help that we need/qualify for to try and get pregnant without waiting too long. I am not an ideal weight so don't qualify for public funding at the moment but I am working on that by being mindful of what I eat and exercising. I don't know how I'm going to handle TTC, its only our first month actively trying and I'm struggling already (will post about that in another thread). It would break my heart if we couldn't have a child. I wish we hadn't waited this long, however we tried to do things the traditional way by getting married first and buying a house before starting a family. We were going to try in late 2014 but then we found out the rental we'd been living in was going to be sold and we had first right of refusal. Because realtors weren't involved we got the house cheaper than if it was sold to anyone else, however it meant putting our baby plans on hold while we both saved like crazy. It also doesn't help that DH and I didn't meet until our late twenties so this has all taken time.
ETA - I have Crohn's disease and fibromyalgia, not that I take anything for either, I tried several things for the fibro without much luck and got sick and tired of taking 20+ pills a day for the Crohn's (and the pills side effects (130+ lbs weight gain thanks to prednisone, also from prednisone was being diagnosed with osteoporosis at 23), so I stopped everything. It still plays up from time to time but nothing like when I was first diagnosed, husband has anxiety, depression and pain in the @ss parents.
ETA (again, I keep forgetting to include things) - my doctor has done all sorts of blood tests to check my hormone levels and they all came back fine. I have some symptoms of PCOS but the tests came back negative, I tried taking metformin for a while, I had to build the dose up slowly due to the issue with tummy troubles and my Crohn's disease. I was taking 1,000mg for a while with no great reductions of weight so upped it to 1,500mg but I just couldn't tolerate it. I ended up stopping the metformin completely because even the 1,000 mg was making me feel a bit sick (my doctor agreed there was no point taking it). The public health sector will not investigate PCOS further unless you are showing more signs/bloods came back indicating it could be PCOS. I have done a day 20 progesterone blood test 2x and ovulated both times. My doctor took bloods last week to check hormone levels again and also some day 8 thing (yet to hear back about those results), I also have a day 3 blood test to do when it comes round.
toyota_chik
Friend

Postby lakabear » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 am

Name/Partner's Name: Lauren and let's call him T, he probably would want anonymity
Age/Partner's Age: 34 and 43
How long have you been together: 6 years, married just over two months
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: No
How long have you been TTC: We started around 1.5 years ago, but did not chart/temp or use OPK until earlier this month.
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Hubby had a brain tumor. Has had three surgeries to get rid of it. The last surgery (almost a year ago) was different, as the doc was very aggressive. Ended up damaging pituitary gland. To top it off he had gamma knife surgery (radiation) which further damaged it. Testosterone dropped to almost nothing as a result. Sperm count was extremely low. Long story short, he is now on HCG shots three days a week which has done good for his testosterone levels but we have not yet had another SA to determine sperm levels yet.
What are your TTC plans for 2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,): Well, I started charting BBT so that's a start. Also using OPK and taking pre-natal vitamins. Paying closer attention to my body and my cm. Oh, and lots and lots of DTD.
lakabear
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby NicoleAM » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:45 am

Name/Partner's Name: Nicole, husband is Robbert
Age/Partner's Age: I am 29 and my husband is 28
How long have you been together: We have been together 6 years, married for 3.
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: We have have 2 miscarriages, 1 in October 2014 at 6 weeks and the other March 2016 at 20 weeks.
How long have you been TTC: Since our marriage 23 July 2013
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: It takes quite some time for my ovulation to come. We are getting help now through Clomid.
What are your TTC plans for 2016: I always use OPK and measure my temperature in the morning.
Anything about yourself you want to share: Looking for some people in a similar place to talk to :)
I am living in The Netherlands but my mother is British so my English is good.
NicoleAM

PreviousNext

Return to General TTC Stuff