need help for sperm count?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

need help for sperm count?

Postby jmekoch » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 am

So, my DH has morphology issues. He has a great count, but crappy shape of the sperm. That being said, the RE told me that the more sperm we can have him produce, the greater the numbers of good sperm there will be. The hope, of course, is to increase it from 1% morphology to 3-4% or so, which is closer to normal range.

You can see the meds that DH takes in my signature, and those were recommended by the RE. He takes them two times a day (except for the men's multivitamin, which is once a day).

As you can see in my signature of DH's post-wash sperm count, it's skyrocketed! It's increased every month. The RE told us it would take 90 days to see an increase, but we saw one right away and it's continuing to go up.

I know I'm not preggo, yet, and I know that everyone's medical situation is different, but I wanted to shed some hope for those of you out there who are looking for ways to increase sperm count/quality. Any extra swimmers have to help, right?

Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by jmekoch on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Jamie) 35, DH (Kevin) 39 TTC #1
SA 11/2013- motility 70%, count 40 million/ml, 0% morphology

IUI #1: Clomid, 4 follies, BFN.
IUI #2: Clomid, 3 follies, BFN.
IUI #3: Femara, 3 follies, BFN.
IUI #4: Femara, 2 follies, BFN.

LAP 4/14- Stage III Endo and ovary misplaced by scar tissue- all fixed by RE.

IUI #5: Femara, 2 follies, BFN.
IUI #6: Femara, 2 follies, BFN.

IVF cycle #1: 11 eggs retrieved. Two embryos made it for a day 3 transfer. A 6-cell grade 1 and a 6-cell grade 3 were transferred on 8/13. BFP at 6dp3dt. 1st beta (148) at 12dp3dt and second beta (370) at 14dp3dt. Ultrasound showed TWINS!

Two perfect heartbeats! :hb: :hb:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
jmekoch
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: need help for sperm count?

Postby Happyfroggy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:44 am

Those look fantastic!

What type of CoQ10 and B complex are you guys taking? I want to add these to me and DH's new supplement routine.

I went to the store and there were so many different B complex combinations it was really overwhelming for me.

Also, did your DH make other lifestyle changes as well? Mine will NOT give up drinking heavily on the weekends :( I'm hoping that since the rest of his lifestyle is very healthy (regular excerciser, not a stressor, eats vegetables regularly, etc) that it will negate the damage of the alcohol.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jmekoch » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:51 am

Yes, HappyFroggy- He takes 200mg of CoQ10 two times a day. That is the most expensive of the supplements, so I say shop around and find whatever is cheapest. I also take it as it has been known to help with egg development, not that I've been told I need it, but I figured it couldn't hurt. It's helped decrease my headaches a bit as I get them somewhat frequently.

The B complex he takes is 100mg two times a day.

I can't seem to remember how much of the vitamin C and folic he takes, but I can look it up if anyone else needs the info. It's certainly two times a day for those as well.

I think you can do any brand you want based on what's on sale, etc.

In terms of other lifestyle changes, he didn't really have to make many. We drink beer on the weekends usually, but nothing crazy. He doesn't drink too much caffeine or smoke, so the RE said he was kind of good to go with all of those things. So, he's been able to continue life as is for the most part.

I bought him one of those pill sorters and I fill it up for him every weekend. That way, all he has to do is take the pills. I know some people say their DH's won't take pills or remember to do it. My DH is pretty good about those things, so I'm glad I don't have to fight him on it. I buy them, I fill them, he takes them. I'd say he's forgotten maybe 5 times in the last three months.

IVF cycle #1: 11 eggs retrieved. Two embryos made it for a day 3 transfer. A 6-cell grade 1 and a 6-cell grade 3 were transferred on 8/13. BFP at 6dp3dt. 1st beta (148) at 12dp3dt and second beta (370) at 14dp3dt. Ultrasound showed TWINS!

jmekoch
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jmekoch » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 am

Oh, and I had to search for the regular B complex with no added supplements. You are right- there are a TON.

jmekoch
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby care327 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:03 pm

THANK U SO MUCH! THIS IS REALLY HELPFUL!
Me: Carrie 34
DH-35
DSS-16
DSS-14
DSD-12
DD in Heaven Faith Marie

Fur Baby- Snoop Dogg 5

Fur Baby Bizzy Bone 10 months

TTC #1 Since May 2012
BFP feb 17, 2013
M/C march 11, 2013 @ 6w3d
Officially diagnosed with PCOS October 2013
January 2014- New SA shows very few sperm (7) =(
April 2014- Dr. Confirms we need re-do of reversal or IVF
October 14 2014- Surgery semi-successful. Tons of healthy sperm alive n swimming!
December 2014- SURGERY SUCCESS!!!!! 89 million spermies =)
Jan 5, 2015- BFP
Jan 13, 2015- MC
March 20, 2015 BFP!
Faith Marie born into our hearts 6/24/15 at 16 weeks.( triploidy) RIP babygirl

My Ovulation Chart
care327
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Happyfroggy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks jme, DH is really good about taking any supplements too.

I read that the type of CoQ10 that ends in "nol" is better than the one that ends in "one" as the one that ends in one isn't well absorbed by people over the age of 30 for some reason.
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff