1 DPO

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 1 DPO

Postby brit2008 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 pm

No nausea yet, (thank god lol) I was very sick with both of my DD's so I'm enjoying the increased appetite instead of feeling sick. I've been really tired and breast tenderness is at an all time high. I can't stand to lay on my stomach at all.

Im praying that everything is fine especially since my symptoms are so different this time around. Im driving myself a little crazy worrying about a chemical, I think I've been reading too much. I'm trying to relax and not think about all the negative things.
brit2008
Friend

Postby Murrie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Hey Roxy, how are you doing? Have you been able to confirm O with any other signs?

Starz, how about you? Anything going on?

Hope all is well with everyone!!
Murrie
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Roxy_girl » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Not much going on with me... just watching my temps. I was trying not to stress over it this month, so I didn't track anything else. I had some light cramping that aligned with O day, and I think I BD'd enough even if it was off by a day or two. I'll probably test next weekend. I was hoping I would know by Wednesday (hubby's b-day), but that's unlikely. I will only be like 9dpo. Oh well!

Today a lot of my family learned that I am trying to get pregnant. It's my grandmother's 88th birthday and we got talking about a BIG family vacation, and someone said we shouldn't wait too long, because then someone will be getting married or pregnant. They asked me if I was going to have a baby... in a joking manner, but of course, I was like, I guess it's possible... and it went on from there.

I'm not sure if I feel better that it's not a secret anymore or if it's going to be harder when people ask how it's going. They don't know I have been trying for almost 2 years. I got the "just don't think about it too much" and "it will happen when you least expect it." Well, let me tell you... I stopped expecting it a while ago and that didn't work! lol
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby starzz121 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:27 am

hey ladies!
Congratulations officially Murrie and Brit what fantastic news! here is to a happy and healthy 9 months!

Roxy i know how i you feel i went and saw my husbands side of the family over the holidays and my sister in law has a condition where when she wants kids her only option is IVF, but it got us all talking and the pressure soon turned to me and well i felt i had to justify we had been trying and now well they all know we have been struggling a bit and i honestly wish i hadnt said anything - same kind of reaction - "dont stress" "it will happen" and "go see someone". im on month 13 TTC and honestly i know i should see someone but i think im going to leave it longer i spent half those 12 months with a hormone imbalance and put myself under immense stress. I hope that they just maybe dont talk about it now you have mentioned it.

Ive also got to thinking that maybe if it doesnt work naturally i dont take it any further anyway... sometimes i have a panic that im not ready (currently right now) i think of all the things i want to freely do still... ive never been crazy maternal and most of this side comes from my husbands strong desire to have children more than mine. maybe a year out would be nice - i know i dont have time on my side (30yrs old) but im just so over all this pressure and stress. I want to just relax and not think about any of this anymore. Think about dates and ovulation's and feelings and symptoms and what ifs.... and disappointments. i just want to live my life without this black shadow consuming me every single day.

sorry i know that was kind of a spill of emotions their i shouldn't use the forum as therapy lol i probably wont be on here much as time goes by, while i love the people and support.. it still contributes to apart of the shadow.

i wish everyone every best wishes and hope you all get your dream results.

xoxox
starzz121
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby KatyMilly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Starzz I have taken time out of ttc over the years and I think it can be a good move for many, especially if they're struggling. It gave me time to relax, get my head together and just enjoy life again without the constant updating of apps, charting, constant symptom spotting and then the awful disappointment at the end of each cycle, knowing I just had to do it all over again. If you need a break then take one!

I've also heard it all "Just relax", "it will happen when you least expect it" and "if you worry about it then it won't happen" to name just a few. I think unless you've been through it, it's hard to understand just how difficult it is. And how impossible it can become to "Just relax"! I try to remember that people mean well and they're just trying to help the only way they know how. Even if it doesn't actually help to hear it!

Well as for my symptoms this time, I'm just getting cramping and backache and I've had some light brown spotting over the last 2 days (spotting before AF has started these last 2 cycles so it seems to have become the norm now). My period is due on Friday and I'm convinced it's on its way again. Oh well.
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roxy_girl » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Starrz, no need to apologize. Really, I think these boards are therapeutic! I have to say I think the same things sometimes.. fairly often if I'm honest... and I'm older! I'm 32! It's funny, because I was always the maternal type. Even when I was much younger, I was always involved with younger kids- babysitting and Girl Scouts. Everyone always said what a great mom I would be. I thought I would be married and have a kid by my mid-20s. Well, I got married at 28, bought my house at 29, and so you'd think I'm ready for the next step, but I doubt it all the time. I think it's natural to doubt yourself when it comes to something so important. Granted, I do love being able to be lazy when I want to or just jump out and go out when I want to or plan beach vacations with unlimited margaritas! Sometimes I think about that, especially when I get my period- I think it may be a coping mechanism. Then, I think that I'm being selfish, and I guess I am, but at the same time, I know that when I do become a mom, giving that up will be worth it.

This cycle, I think I am 10dpo. Usually, I'm resisting the urge to test by day 6dpo. I'm not doing it this time... just going to wait it out. I'm not really feeling anything at this point. I have had my typical achy muscles and wicked headache over the last two days, which I usually have on the first days of my period, so I'm taking it as a sign that's it's coming. We will see by Monday, I guess.
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Riot95 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 am

Hey Everyone! New to this site.

Alittle about me, 21yo. Started my AF young, 9 years old. Had ovarian cyst/right fulopian tube removal at 14yo. Still have ovarian cysts.

OPK said i had my surge on 12-31-16.
Which was CD16
Lots of EWCM on 30th-1st.

My Fiance and i did the deed on dec 28,29, 31,& jan 1. Because of a High day on 12-28-16, then the positive OPK on the 12-31-16.

"Symptoms" so far:

5dpo - Light Pelvic cramping.

6dpo - slight nausea.

7dpo - quite abit more nausea. Light pelvic cramping.

8dpo - SUPER bad nausea. Really sensitive to all smells. Pretty bad lower back ache, slept awful. Had a dream i was pregnant with a little girl (never dreamt of being pregnant). Bbs around nipple are sore, not to bad though. Craving chocolate (normally hate sweet, even before/during AF).
Super tired. Feeling very sluggish.
Why am i peeing SO often?!
Head ache on and off all day.
Randomly want to cry.

9dpo - super anxious for no reason. And want to cry at everything DH says. Woah! Weird tugging feeling about an inch below-right of belly button. Never felt that before.
Pelvic cramping, weird "pinching" feeling?!
Lower back aching so badly.
Bbs around nipples are SOO sore. Winced when DH accidently bumped me super lightly. (NEVER get sore bbs at any point of cycle).
Sooooo tired.
Fairly bad heartburn. Feeling bloated, hurts to lay on stomach.

10dpo - whole body aches. Woke up sweating. I feel like im over heating, DH says my skin feels cool though. Ouch my bbs! They hurt so badly, from nipples to alittle past my areola's. Any pressure just hurts so bad.
Pelvic cramping again, feels so different then anything ive felt before. Random sharp pain for maybe 3 seconds on left side of pelvic area. Very strange. Had another weird "tugging" feeling by belly button. Wish i could stop peeing!
Really hurts to lay on stomach now
Yellow tinged CM on toilet paper.

Getting excited/worried.

Had a negative $store HPT test on 10dpo. But may be too early to tell.

Today 11dpo- nipples even more sensitive. Super emotional. Cramps arent as bad. Nausea is horrible today. I woke up and was exhauted after an hour of being awake.

Af due in 4 days.

Can anyone tell me if they think this could be pregnancy symptoms?! How long should i wait to retest?

Any one else have symptoms and then get a BFN?

Im atarting to lose hope. And im also worried because if i am NOT pregnant, then what is wrong with me?!
Riot95

Postby KatyMilly » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:36 am

Welcome Riot!
How long have you been TTC? Don't worry, chances are there's absolutely nothing wrong with you! But if you've been trying for more than a year it wouldn't hurt to see a Dr just so they can rule out any problems and set your mind at ease. As for your symptoms, they do sound positive but remember that early pregnancy signs are almost identical to those of impending AF. There's no harm in testing early on (we all do it!!) but the only way to know for sure is a missed period and a positive test. Keep charting and noting everything down so you'll know exactly what's normal and what isn't (please don't be offended if I'm telling you something you already know). Sometimes our bodies can play tricks on us, some of the "symptoms" I've had over the last few months have been new to me, and I've been TTC for 4 years! Good luck and fingers crossed for you for this cycle!!

Well I had my appointment today at the fertility clinic and I have to have 3 sets of blood tests throughout the month. I'm terrified of needles and blood tests send me over the edge so I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks at all. But it's got to be done! Af is due tomorrow and other than a few days cramping and spotting which have stopped, no sign yet. As always, staying hopeful :)
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Riot95 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:54 am

KatyMilly wrote:Welcome Riot!
How long have you been TTC? Don't worry, chances are there's absolutely nothing wrong with you! But if you've been trying for more than a year it wouldn't hurt to see a Dr just so they can rule out any problems and set your mind at ease. As for your symptoms, they do sound positive but remember that early pregnancy signs are almost identical to those of impending AF. There's no harm in testing early on (we all do it!!) but the only way to know for sure is a missed period and a positive test. Keep charting and noting everything down so you'll know exactly what's normal and what isn't (please don't be offended if I'm telling you something you already know). Sometimes our bodies can play tricks on us, some of the "symptoms" I've had over the last few months have been new to me, and I've been TTC for 4 years! Good luck and fingers crossed for you for this cycle!!

Well I had my appointment today at the fertility clinic and I have to have 3 sets of blood tests throughout the month. I'm terrified of needles and blood tests send me over the edge so I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks at all. But it's got to be done! Af is due tomorrow and other than a few days cramping and spotting which have stopped, no sign yet. As always, staying hopeful :)

Thank you! Dh and i have been actually trying since november, but i have been tracking my ovulation for alittle over a year because of my ovarian cysts and because i just love learning about my body. Its amazing how the body works and how intune you can truly be with yours.

I have not been to the doctor for ttc, but am aware that i have multiple cysts on left ovary, and through out the years have been told i didnt have my right ovary (whcih means the doctor took it when i had my first cyst/ right fulopian tube removed when i was 14)
Then being told by 3 more doctors how i did not have my right ovary and to "never get my hopes on having a child on my own, ever".

I then was told in november 2016 that i DID have my right ovary but both of them were covered in cysts, just to be told on my 21st birthday (12-8-2016)that i did NOT have my right ovary but the left did have cysts. So im just so confused. It should not be that hard to tell if there is both ovaries or not. Especially with a CT with contrast which they did to be sure because they have always had troule finding my ovaries via ultra sound.

As far as the af symptoms, that is what im concerned they may be. I know your body is always changing and just because youve never x symptom before, doesnt mean your body wont start having it as one.

And i am most definitely not offended. Id much rather you tell me something and me already know it, then not be told it and me not know of it! I appreciate it. I'm going a bit mad over here and really truly appreciate having someone to talk to about everything. Who is ttc or was.

I am very sorry that you have to get so much blood work done! My DH is afraid of needles. I hate seeing him go through all of that.

May i ask why you are getting so much blood work done? Have you moved on to help from doctors FOR TTC?

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you handle your blood work with as much ease as possible!
Riot95

Postby KatyMilly » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

Riot, wow what an absolute nightmare you've had! Sorry to hear about that, how awful to keep being told different things like that. Are you looking into seeing the Dr again to get a clear answer? Symptom spotting really does drive us insane doesnt it? I wish it wasnt so bloody hard!! It really does help to talk to people who 'get it' :) Someone on here (can't remember who right now) said that if something is different, then it's good. So hopefully all these different symptoms you've been having are leading to good news. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!

Yes I'm seeing a fertility Dr for help as we don't seem to be able to do it on our own. I guess I'm having all the bloods so that they can tell if my hormone levels are normal and if I'm still ovulating. I definitely was 2 years ago when I had my last ones done but who knows now. I just hate the thought of anything sharp going near me and I hate being poked and prodded but I suppose I'll have to get used to it now :)
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FosterMom » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Starzz: I get your post. We were 'trying' for 11 months now. I decided no more last month as it puts a baby at a cut off of September 1st to enter school....I don't want to wait another year for my last child to enter school...so I just decided enough...but even the months we were ttc...I would panic every TWW that maybe I was...there goes my freedoms..there goes the easy way of doing things..more diapers, more bottles...etc...and finally I realized that it didn't happen because it wasn't supposed to. I am grateful either way, but now no stress. Maybe it is something you need to discuss with DH and put it off a bit longer until you are totally ready to conceive. God Luck
FosterMom

Postby Roxy_girl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Help! I'm 11dpo today. I was going to wait until Saturday to start testing, but I'm getting antsy. I don't feel any symptoms, so it will probably be a bfn, but who knows. I keep getting super hopeful and then blasting myself back to reality. Should I just test tomorrow?
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KatyMilly » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 pm

AF is here! Here we go again!
Good luck everyone :) xx
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roxy_girl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Welcome everyone. I can't type a long response right now, but it sinks we are all going through this. I wish it were easier!

Katy, sorry AF showed up. I'm expecting her to make her arrival very soon. I'm starting to get that feeling.
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Riot95 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 pm

KatyMilly wrote:Riot, wow what an absolute nightmare you've had! Sorry to hear about that, how awful to keep being told different things like that. Are you looking into seeing the Dr again to get a clear answer? Symptom spotting really does drive us insane doesnt it? I wish it wasnt so bloody hard!! It really does help to talk to people who 'get it' :) Someone on here (can't remember who right now) said that if something is different, then it's good. So hopefully all these different symptoms you've been having are leading to good news. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!

Yes I'm seeing a fertility Dr for help as we don't seem to be able to do it on our own. I guess I'm having all the bloods so that they can tell if my hormone levels are normal and if I'm still ovulating. I definitely was 2 years ago when I had my last ones done but who knows now. I just hate the thought of anything sharp going near me and I hate being poked and prodded but I suppose I'll have to get used to it now :)

Yeah its been super emotionally devastating.

Oh and AF showed yesterday. I have had the heaviest flow ever. Also most painful af ive had in about a year. I dont know whats wrong with me but i do know that I'm currently having an ovarian cyst rupture. That feeling is unmistakable to me.

Very very hurt by this month. But will try again this month!

I really hope your blood work goes well and everything comes back good and that you get your precious baby!

I dtarted fertilecm the beginning of this month, after being in fertilaid since may 2016. So we will see how it does!
Riot95

PreviousNext

Return to General TTC Stuff