1 DPO

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 1 DPO

Postby betty077 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:40 am

I'm only tuning into this forum now for the first time and I'm honestly so happy for youuu !!!!!! :D it's so so so nice to finally see a bfp story on these threads!! Congratulations and enjoy every moment!!!
And baby dust to the rest of us still ttc ... let's hope well be posting our bfp news soon ♡♡♡
Betty
Me: 24
DH: 26
TTC#1 since October 2016
:hb: :hb: :hb:
betty077
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KatyMilly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:28 am

Congratulations on the recent BFPs!! I haven't been on here in a while, is there anyone else still in the TWW? I'm 3 days late for AF after having very regular, set-your-watch-to cycles for years but I've had 3 BFNs. OH ran to the chemist yesterday to get a First Response which you can use 6 days before AF is due which I took this morning to be confronted with yet another BFN. I have had very slight, intermittent cramping but I'm usually crippled with cramps by now. I woke up a couple of times last night feeling sick. I'm going out of my mind here. I'm sure I ovulated around my usual time as I had very painful ovulation cramps & EWCM. I know it's not likely that I'm PG after all the negative tests so I think I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens but that's easier said than done. Oh I hate the TWW.
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ann53015 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey ladies. New post here although I have read through all your threads and I am loving all the chatter, positivity and support.
So I am 38. My husband is 31 (cradle robber). I have two sons from a previous marriage, they are 11 and 13. My current husband and I have been ttc for almost 2 years. Last April I went to the fertility clinic and my AMH level was low. The doctor recommended clomid and IUI. We decided not to do that and try things naturally. I tried acupuncture (super expensive), supplements, herbs, etc. NOTHING worked. I couldn't even get a positive OPK but my cycle is like clockwork!! And I can't temp because we have a pup that can't hold it all night so I get up to let him up at 2, 3 4 am!! Anyways we finally decided to try the clomid since I am getting old. I took my first round in January. I did ovulate on cycle day 19 or so, which is way late considering my cycle is normally only 26-27 days total. We didn't do the Clomid in February because my cycle was off due to that first round of Clomid ugghhh. So fast forward til now. I am 1 or 2 DPO. My peak OPK was Tuesday night so not sure when I O'd, if it was Wednesday or Thursday. But we BD Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to cover. So now the TTW!!!!

Roxy, I saw that you just started taking the Clomid recently also. Has it messed with your cycle or anything? I didn't have any side effects really. I hope that continues.
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Transferpatient » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 pm

cosorrells3540 wrote:Just popping in to say hello! Congrats to all the new mommies! We found out the sex today its a boy!
Where is everyone in their cycle now?

Hey there! Congrats on expecting a little boy. We are down to 12 weeks left before Brynn gets here. Time has sure flown by.
Transferpatient
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby cosorrells3540 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Transferpatient wrote:
cosorrells3540 wrote:Just popping in to say hello! Congrats to all the new mommies! We found out the sex today its a boy!
Where is everyone in their cycle now?

Hey there! Congrats on expecting a little boy. We are down to 12 weeks left before Brynn gets here. Time has sure flown by.

I was literally just thinking about you and wondering how the pregnancy was going! Glad to hear everything is going smoothly!
Me 28
DH 28
DS 17 MONTHS
TTC #2
10-15-16 Chemical :angel:
11-4-16 bfp!
cosorrells3540
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby cosorrells3540 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:44 pm

ann53015 wrote:Hey ladies. New post here although I have read through all your threads and I am loving all the chatter, positivity and support.
So I am 38. My husband is 31 (cradle robber). I have two sons from a previous marriage, they are 11 and 13. My current husband and I have been ttc for almost 2 years. Last April I went to the fertility clinic and my AMH level was low. The doctor recommended clomid and IUI. We decided not to do that and try things naturally. I tried acupuncture (super expensive), supplements, herbs, etc. NOTHING worked. I couldn't even get a positive OPK but my cycle is like clockwork!! And I can't temp because we have a pup that can't hold it all night so I get up to let him up at 2, 3 4 am!! Anyways we finally decided to try the clomid since I am getting old. I took my first round in January. I did ovulate on cycle day 19 or so, which is way late considering my cycle is normally only 26-27 days total. We didn't do the Clomid in February because my cycle was off due to that first round of Clomid ugghhh. So fast forward til now. I am 1 or 2 DPO. My peak OPK was Tuesday night so not sure when I O'd, if it was Wednesday or Thursday. But we BD Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to cover. So now the TTW!!!!

Roxy, I saw that you just started taking the Clomid recently also. Has it messed with your cycle or anything? I didn't have any side effects really. I hope that continues.

Welcome ann! And good luck this cycle!
Me 28
DH 28
DS 17 MONTHS
TTC #2
11-4-16 bfp!
cosorrells3540
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby ann53015 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 am

Thank you cosorrels! The earliest I should test is Friday, but as usual the suspense is killing me!!
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby cosorrells3540 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:13 pm

I was always an early tester lol! And a compulsive tester to boot! Internet cheapies saved the day!
Me 28
DH 28
DS 17 MONTHS
TTC #2
11-4-16 bfp!
cosorrells3540
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Roxy_girl » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:59 pm

ann53015 wrote:Thank you cosorrels! The earliest I should test is Friday, but as usual the suspense is killing me!!

Hi Ann! Sorry, I took a hiatus for a little while. I started the Clomid 50mg in November, and I increased to 100 this cycle. I didn't have any major side effects, but I did have night sweats. One month, I took the Clomid days 5-9 and that was the worst. When I have taken it 3-7, I've been fine.

So, update on me... still no BFP. I went to an RE on March 1 and had an insane amount of bloodwork done. I learned I have hypothyroid, vitamin D deficiency (big surprise), and I'm a carrier for some genetic condition. Now, I'm taking Synthroid for the thyroid issue and 2000iu vitamin d in addition to my prenatal. The genetic condition isn't a big deal, because fortunately my husband is not a carrier. It just means that a baby could be a carrier for it, but will NOT be affected by it. Hmm... what else? I went in for an ultrasound last Monday and I had a mature follicle on each side. I got a trigger shot (Ovidrel) and then had iui done on Tuesday and Wednesday. My lining was thin, so they also put me on estrogen (Estradiol). Now, it's a waiting game... I think doing the iui renewed my hope that this could work. I'm trying not to let them get too high though... wayyyy too many months (or years...) of disappointment. Just trying something new is exciting though... and I have learned so much about my body and this whole process.
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ann53015 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:47 am

Hey good to hear from you Roxy!! I am in the same boat as you still. I go this Saturday for my first mid-cycle US and first trigger shot. I am super nervous to see and hear how my follicles are. I know the Clomid is making me ovulate but not until CD19 which we missed BD that day because I thought i had already o'd on CD15...grrrr. Such a process. I was reading that the Ovidrel will give you positive pregnancy tests at first??

Good luck and keep me posted!!!!
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roxy_girl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 am

I thought it was kind of cool to see how my body was doing with the follicle size and lining thickness. It made me feel more in control of that makes sense. I had one in each side, which I guess is good. I always hear about people having more than one in medicated cycles, but I'd prefer not to have multiple births if possible (but if it happens, bring it on lol). Good luck with yours, and let us know :)

Have you decided to try iui yet? I was fortunate that my insurance covered it. I'm putting a lot of stock in it though, because my insurance covers no part of ivf.

When I took the Clomid days 3-7, it didn't change my ovulation day. I've always been at CD17. Do you do anything to monitor ovulation (Opk, temp)? And you are right about the trigger shot. I'm not going to lie; I tested at 5dpo just so I could see the line. I've never had a bfp before. It was faint, but there... (now it's gone at 9dpo). I guess it's a good thing though, because now if I get a positive, I'll know it's real. My beta test is next Wednesday, but I'm hoping to see something before then!
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ann53015 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:50 am

Hey Roxy! I am excited also to see how my body is responding to the Clomid. Hoping for lots of good follicles and no bad news. I think that would devastate me right now. I have been feeling very very sad lately and losing my steam on ttc.

I am opposite of you where I would love to have twins and then I would be done because we want two more children. At this point I am just praying and praying for one. Like I said, I am really wearing down on the process.

My insurance covered some things but not all. Every time I go for an ultrasound it costs me $85.00 and then the trigger shot is going to cost me over $150.00. So not only am I feeling emotionally drained, I am feeling financially drained. Sorry to seem to be the Debbie Downer today:(

Well I do OPK's. I can't temp because we have a puppy that can't hold it all night so I am getting up to take him out so I don't think temping would work. This last cycle I got peak fertiltiy the night of CD 14. We bd that night and the next two nights. But apparently like I said before according to AF and my RE I didn't ovulate til CD 19. That is why I feel so frustrated. I am thinking the OPK was wrong because I was testing twice a day maybe....idk, they are suppose to read hormone levels so I can't see why testing twice a day would matter.

Anyways sorry for the long, not so positive, post. I guess as long as I get good news at the US Saturday then trigger I will test also like you did. Then I will know for sure when it's a positive BFP lol. I am still keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for all of us ladies!!
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roxy_girl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:16 pm

No apologies... Sometimes you just need to vent. This process is definitely draining, and we all have ups and downs. It's good to have a place to let it out, especially if you don't broadcast it to people you know. We are approaching 2 years as well (next month will be cycle 24 of TTC). I think I only plan to go through this once, so either I get twins or an only child. I feel like my life has been on hold for two years... If I ever consider having another, it will just be an "if it happens, it happens."

I know figuring out ovulation can be tough. I don't think testing often would affect it. It's so hard not truly knowing. I think we start reading into every symptom and questioning everything we do. In case you don't know, make sure the line is clearly darker than the test line (the same is not peak). I usually get my positive OPk on CD15 and ovulate on CD17. But with the trigger, none of this really matters lol You will ovulate about 36 hours after the shot regardless. That makes timing much simpler! Good luck Saturday!
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ann53015 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 am

Thank you for letting me vent Roxy. You are spot on with your reply; ups and downs, letting it out, life being on hold----all of it!!

I think we also may not go any farther if this cycle doesn't give us our BFP. My RE wants to do IUI next and I am just not to that point yet and I don't know if we will ever be. I sound like a quitter but like I said it is so draining and you nailed it when you said, you life is hold. That's really not fair to my 11 and 13yr old, my husband or any of our other family members. We don't go out for drinks anymore, because I haven't touched alcohol. Some days I feel like I need a whole bottle of wine just to get through and then I won't even drink one glass because of fear. That is really no way to live your life.

As far as my ovulation goes, I used the digital first response that gives you high fertility days then goes to peak so I feel like it shouldn't have been wrong. This month I am doing the digital and wondfo but like you said that doesn't really even matter since we are doing the trigger. I think it just helps put my mind at ease to know I am at least going to ovulate.

How are you feeling now? When is the earliest you will test this cycle?

Thanks again for letting me vent.
ann53015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to General TTC Stuff