Some general questions

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Some general questions

Postby lilblondie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:06 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new here, please know, that English is not my first language, so i try to explain this things.
First, my husband and i have tried since 3 months to conceive and i notice each time we finish the sperm comes directly out. I try to prop myself up and so on but of course i must move and it comes out of me. I have to think some sperm ist going there atleast, or?
My second question is can you have too much Sex, that it prevents the sperm, or overwhelms it? When we first tried to conceive (in Jan) we had Sex two times per day, now sometimes we only have it one time a day. Is this enough or too much?

Thank you for reading this. I have further questions but they are more specific so i write them somewhere else.
lilblondie
Friend

Re: Some general questions

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 am

Hi, if you are concerned about the sperm coming out you can prop your legs up for 10 minutes or so but you really don't need to. Even though some does come out enough get "shot" far enough for where they need to be to swim the rest of the way. And the best timing for sex is actually every other day. This allows the proper time for the sperm count to rise again. Sex twice a day is honestly probably not good for trying to conceive. And other questions, just ask:)
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 pm

As the previous poster said you can put a pillow under ur bum for a while if you are worried about semen coming out but I do think is normal,there are women who get pregnant while having sex standing or in a pool or shower as for sex twice a day is a bit much,every other day is just fine or whenever you see fertile cm.
Good luck and Fx for a bfp really soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Lilblondie you explained yourself very well :) - what language do you speak, if you don't mid me asking?

I have never tried this, but some people have used "soft cups" I think to help keep sperm close to the cervix for longer. You could try that, but it is probably not needed.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:24 pm

I tried soft cups and it does keep the spermies up there and i know a few ladies who conceived while using them but i don't think is necessary if you just started trying.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lilblondie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks to you all, i appreciate your replies. i will try for every other day but then i wonder if i'm missing a time to conceive. You know what i mean? i will try to put a pillow under me in order to see, if that helps. GKR_1985, i'm from Germany, but my husband is American, he always tries to correct my English grammar, but i do the same with his german :)
lilblondie
Friend

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm

That is so awesome! Your grammar is great.

Don't worry about missing the egg. Sperm can live up to 5 days sometimes inside a woman (usually it is more like 1-3 days though). Some research even says that having them there a bit longer allows them to be more ready for when the egg comes (at least that's what I have read).

Good luck! Hope you get a BFP this month!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Hahahha lilblondie i have the same problems with my husband,we speak Greek and he always corrects me and I always correct his romanian,
English is not my first language either.
Hmmm as for not missing your fertile window i think having sex every other day starting cd10 and continue uo until cd20 or so will help if not you could try ovulation sticks but if you just started trying there is no need to stress yourself with those.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff