Try to figure out when exactly i ovulate

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Try to figure out when exactly i ovulate

Postby lilblondie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't really understand it how to know when i'm the most fertile. Is CD 14 (not so familiar with the lingo) the high point für Ovulation? So two week wait makes sense until to CD 28 then stert again at 1. But ist it possible to become pregnant in CD 16 or 17 and so on? I try to Chart by using my fertility app but sometimes my cycle is 30 days, last one was 25 but normally 28. I worry because i did not have sex on CD 14 but on 13 and 15. And everyday before and since except not today or this coming week since he i am out of town. Anyway i hope i did nicht miss it. Thoughts to it?
lilblondie
Friend

Re: Try to figure out when exactly i ovulate

Postby Danaa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Ovulation doesn't happen for everyone on cd14,for example my ovulation dates ranged from cd13 to cd18,to confirm ovulation women use basal body temperature or ovulation tests.
Of course you can get pregnant later in ur cycle.
During your fertile window you will notice fertile cervical mucus,watery or egg white consistency also you maybe cramping from one side or your sex drive will be higher than usual .
If you don't want to use ovulation tests or start charting ur temperature my best advice is to keep an eye on ur fertile cm and have sex every other day starting cd10 to cd20 that will give you good chance.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GKR_1985 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Last cycle I ovulated on cd 19/20 and I got my BFP - it is definitely possible to ovulate at different times. OPK's helped me figure out I was ovulating later in my cycle, and then after a few months I just watched for the signs of good fertile mucus! Good luck!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nic&la » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:04 am

Agree with Danaa, use OPKs and watch out for cervical mucus.

I ovulate around CD 27 up to CD 36 each month so without these two I'd never have sex at the right time!

good luck!
Married May 2015 me Nic 29 DH 36
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lilblondie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Yeah, I do the advice to buy a kit and check CM. How is it, that you ovulate so late? You must hardly get your Period. Thanks again for the advice. Hope i get bfp soon. I'm so impatient! :D
lilblondie
Friend

Postby Nic&la » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:16 pm

I believe it is to do with my hormones - I have PCOS - it is frustrating as cycles are much longer! fingers crossed for you :)
Married May 2015 me Nic 29 DH 36
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby EvilSockLady » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 am

I swear by temping!
I'm almost always a CD14 girl but the month I actually conceived I ovulated on CD16. And I know we had that baby because of temping!
A lot of things were going on that week (travel, working late, hubby sick, etc). So we only managed a BD on CD12. On CD14 his head just really hurt and I put him to bed early and I was bummed out that our odds weren't as good at that point because I would be gone CD15 for a last ditch effort. And for the last year prior to that I'd been a solid CD14 ovulator.
But the morning of CD15 my temp was still low...
And the morning of CD16 my temp was STILL low!!! So that night I told him I was accepting no rain checks!! And then yay! Baby!
--Amber (Me: 33 DH: 32)
Regretting using my high school screen name...
Feel free to call me Amber or Evil if EvilSockLady is too weird. =D

Adelaide "Addie" June born January 19, 2016
EvilSockLady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lilblondie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Maybe i ovulate then later. My temp should be higher when i ovulate? Or does it dip low? If i track my temp what is it supposed to look like? Right now i wait. My Period is supposed to come on next wednesay and my boobs hurt some and so on but this also happens before my Period is due.
lilblondie
Friend

Postby EvilSockLady » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:11 pm

So right before your cycle starts your temperature is generally lower. And then it gets really low right before you ovulate. As soon as you ovulate it jumps sky high and generally stays that way for several days post ovulation.
If you end up getting pregnant temp usually ends up staying high or going higher.
If you don't get pregnant it tends to lower back down close to what it was a cycle start.
Some women have an implantation dip in their temp. Temp will dip down but pop back up. I'm not 100% what causes that. I personally didn't have it.

EvilSockLady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EvilSockLady » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:12 pm

My charts aren't that good. Fertility Friend actually has galleries that you can look at. But here were mine from back then (I don't currently temp but will again a few months before we start ttc again).
Attachments
temsp.png
(53.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet

EvilSockLady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff