Late BFP anyone? More like 4 week wait!! Advice? Thoughts?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Late BFP anyone? More like 4 week wait!! Advice? Thoughts?

Postby lexibaby2017 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 am

I'm pretty sure I conceived last month, about two weeks before af. I had implantation cramping then what I think was implantation spotting during when af should've been (mostly brown, dried blood and some red but overall much lighter than normal). It's now been two weeks since the "missed period" and my tests are still bfn (FRER)! I have a very regular cycle, always 28 days. I'm in my twenties and have a very healthy lifestyle so none of the common reasons for a light period apply to me ex: unhealthy lifestyle, cysts, stress, menopause, age.

I have been extremely tired, moody, and had one moment of intense nausea (over oatmeal lol). I've had other symptoms but now I feel like I might be imagining them!

Has anyone experienced this? Af should be due again in 2 weeks but the tww has gone on forever now! Should I get a blood test or wait until HCG rises and I get a positive hpt? Am I pregnant or not!? the anticipation is killing me!
lexibaby2017
Friend

Re: Late BFP anyone? More like 4 week wait!! Advice? Thought

Postby beckyrae88 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:46 am

I would guess that the light spotting you had when af was due was your body throwing an off cycle at you. Speaking from experience, that's happened to me a few times and I'm very regular, and it always made me think I was pregnant but I wasn't. The symptoms could very well be your mind playing tricks on you! It's crazy how it does that sometimes!

Having said all that, it's not impossible to be pregnant and have negative tests. I don't want to get your hopes up, but if it happened to me it could happen to anyone, though I'm sure it's very rare. I was pregnant and all my tests were negative at 5 days late, 10 days late, and two weeks late. Stark white negative. I stopped testing and waited for my next period and it didn't come. Then I got a super faint positive followed by a positive blood test. I was 8 weeks pregnant before I knew i was pregnant, and the dates were confirmed by an ultrasound. It was bizarre and I still don't know how that would be even be possible. Tests should be positive if there's a baby in there, especially when you're 6+ weeks along! So who knows. It's just a waiting game now.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lexibaby2017 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks for your reply! I will feel crazy if this ends up being my first off cycle since I haven't had one before! Did you always wait for the second missed period or ever get a blood test on what ended up being an off cycle?
lexibaby2017
Friend

Postby beckyrae88 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:41 pm

It happened to me about three times and each time I took pregnancy tests which were negative and just waited for the next cycle. I wasn't trying to conceive when those happened so it didn't make me feel too crazy, lol. I hope you're not going totally out of your mind!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gr8nessng » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:20 pm

I guess I'm in the same situation. I didn't have a cycle for the month of March and I'm due for af tomorrow, however, I don't feel like she's going to show. I've also tested about 5 times and they were all negative. In the process, I've been extremely tired, I have sore breasts/underarms, and I have blue veins appearing over my breasts and arms. I don't know what to think anymore.
Gr8nessng

Return to General TTC Stuff