Could I be in the tww?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Could I be in the tww?

Postby Jazzie82 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:42 am

Hi ladies! Long time reader, first time poster here. So my husband and I are wanting to start ttc'ing next month, we were taking this month to track my ovulation and get it just right. I have been taking both the clearblue digital ovulation kits. I've been doing the advanced(flashing and solid smiley) in the mornings and just the regular (smiley or now smiley) at night. On Friday morning I got a flashing smiley. We bd'd on Friday night. Hubby came earlier then expected and we used withdraw method. We waited a few minutes and did it again. He didn't finish the second time. Well the next day I got peak fertility on both test. I read that because he didn't urinate in between I could still get pregnant, which are fine having one a month earlier. So am I technically in my TWW? Sorry so long, I just want to make sure you have all the info!
Jazzie82
Friend

Re: Could I be in the tww?

Postby Amouna87 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:44 am

Not sure about the urinating between- I think that wouldn't make a difference in if you can get pregnant to be honest- sounds like you are in your tww, thats the time after ovulation's happened so the time between ovulating and period (or positive test)

:)
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jazzie82 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Wow! So even though he didn't ejaculate in me I could be pregnant?
Jazzie82
Friend

Postby GKR_1985 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Although that is technically true you could get pregnant from this, there are some barriers. There is a percentage of the male population that contains sperm in their pre-ejaculate. It is only a small amount, but it only takes one technically. The studies I have read seemed to show some men had this and some didn't, and that peeing or not peeing in between would not make a difference. The percentages I saw were close to 50/50 of yes/no to sperm in the pre-ejaculate. So, if your husband does have sperm in his pre-ejaculate, he would be depositing a few sperm even before he pulls out.

Most times the pull out method fails as birth control because there is a mis-timing, and a bit of actual ejaculate gets left in there. There are a few cases however, where it is the few sperm i the pre-ejaculate that are the cause. I just looked up stats, and the failure rate of this method as birth control is 4% when use correctly (27% when used incorrectly).

Although you are technically in the two week wait, I would say the chances are much, much lower than if he had finished inside you.

Good luck on your TTC journey! Hopefully next month (or maybe even this month) will be the month for you.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General TTC Stuff