The "not trying to try" method lol

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

The "not trying to try" method lol

Postby Melb17 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:46 am

Hey everyone! I'm currently in my tww and I'm curious what kind of success stories are out there from not actually trying! My husband and I have been trying for less than a year and honestly I'm sick of the constant am I ovulating.. opk negative positive cycle length.. etc. My DH and I have even argued about it because we are putting too much pressure on ourselves. Only thing is I mean timing has to be right! How do u just ignore it all and have sex for fun! Any success stories.. tips.. etc out there?
Melb17
Friend

Re: The "not trying to try" method lol

Postby 860lindsey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:43 pm

I totally understand the putting too much pressure on yourself when ttc. With my first we did everything opks, temping, diet, preseed, you name it. It really took the fun out of it but I got pregnant with our daughter so it was all worth it. With our second, we decided to take a more trying/not trying approach since trying had been so stressful. If you want to still be trying a little without trying I'd say listen to your body, if you're feeling in the mood than it might mean you are fertile and keep an eye out for fertile ewcm.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Yeah, I wasn't in a big hurry to get pregnant this time around since our son is a threenager and is keeping me busy, so we just did the deed whenever I felt like it, and I knew when I was ovulating from looking for fertile signs. We only BD'd once two days before ovulating the month I conceived. I was very shocked it happened so fast without putting much thought into it. Trying for our son took longer though because I was obsessed and again we concieved him the month we took it easy.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Melb17 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:30 am

Thank you ladies. I'm having a rough go at it mentally. If it doesn't happen this month then I'm going to stop obsessing as much. The two week weight is so nerve racking.. I'm about to start painting my whole house to get my mind off of it!! Lol
Melb17
Friend

Postby 860lindsey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:30 pm

I love this site but when we were trying the month I actually got pregnant was the month I stayed off this site and google in general. We bd every other day beginning around cd10 but other than that I tried not to think about it. I was still temping and using opks but tried to not be so google obsessed. The whole ttc process was so much more stressful than I expected so you are not alone in feeling stressed. I think it's really emotionally hard for lots of women.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff