Lesbian, 1st IUI on 4/4, TWW

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Lesbian, 1st IUI on 4/4, TWW

Postby KFinNY » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 am

Hi! I have been lurking here for a few days and finally decided to make an account and join the convo. I am in the middle of the TWW right now. Just some back info: I am 31, a lesbian, and my wife and I have been together for 7 years and married for two. We decided pretty recently to start the baby making process and decided to go with frozen sperm from an anonymous donor. After several appointments at our fertility clinic we decided to go the medicated IUI route. My blood tests, ultrasounds, and HSG were all completely normal. At this point IVF is prohibitively expensive and since all my tests looked normal, we thought IUI would be a good bet. I was put on Letrozole for CD 3-8 and then had a trigger shot on Monday, April 3rd and then the IUI procedure about 25 hours later on Tuesday, April 4th. They said I had 2 follicles that looked great and our donor had great motility and an excellent count... so fingers crossed!

I thought the TWW would be a breeze, but I’m only on day 2 and I’m already getting SUPER antsy. Is there anyone in a similar position that would like to go through the wait with me??
KFinNY

Return to General TTC Stuff