First Visit @ RE Today--A Week Late, No AF + BFN

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First Visit @ RE Today--A Week Late, No AF + BFN

Postby mermaid.hair » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:17 am

So to anyone that's been following this craziness:http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=246266

I'm now officially a week late (as of today), I didn't even bother to test this morning--I give up! I've been testing negative on HPTs daily since missed aunt flow.

Today, I'm going to see a RE for my first time, I had actually scheduled this appt some time ago for diagnostics and for a discussion about future cycles. I obviously wasn't expecting to miss my period this month, AND still be testing negative. Yesterday when they called to confirm the appointment I let them know, and they were like "that's strange...." YEAH! TELL ME ABOUT IT! :rofl: haha

ANYWAYS

Was curious to those who have been to RE before if there is anything I should expect or ask? I'm going with my whole cycle chart and what I've written down the last couple months (especially this month) but I guess I'm looking for any insight y'all might have?
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: First Visit @ RE Today--A Week Late, No AF + BFN

Postby tylkaml » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 am

Hey. I've been following your cycle. Did you go to the RE? Any answers?
tylkaml
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mermaid.hair » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:34 am

Yesterday was not a good day. I went to the appointment (for which the Dr office is 40 minutes away) and when I got there I was told my insurance wouldn't cover today's visit as it's a "consult" and I was like UGH, okay. How much is today's visit? ------$250!! So I gave them my paperwork and stepped out into the hallway to check my credit card balance(s) and try to give husband a call, and I'm starting to cry because WHAT.THE.f**k. :cry:

I, miraculously, get a hold of husband even though he's in a 3 hour difference time zone AND at work. And he hears me crying and says maybe I should just leave call my regular obgyn and request the blood work be done by them instead. I was so upset. Because the day before I called BOTH offices and told them I would be a week late on Tuesday and still testing negative to see if I should a) still keep this appointment b) go to a lab and get some bloodwork
My ob office told me that I should go ahead and go to RE and they'd be able to do that for me. And the RE office said to come on in anyways.

So I went back in the office, half crying, and tell them I'd be leaving. Then I start my descend down the 5 flights of stairs and half way down I'm like SCREW IT, I'll take it out of my savings. I've been waiting long enough. So I go back up and embarrassingly, say I'm staying-I'll just pay out of pocket today.

Honestly, I had so much said to me it felt like I was being talked AT and not talked to and I'm still processing everything. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to go back! But, we have a plan of action if my insurance will pay for the diagnostics--which I was told they WOULD. So we'll see. They want to to a hcg (dye test of my tubes) and some lab work. She offered to give me a 10 day course of progesterone, to make my period start. But I was like uhhhh why aren't we making sure I'm not pregnant right now first?! So I basically MADE them take my blood to tell me if I was pregnant. (Why wouldn't we start there anyway!? DUH). And they're running it sometime this morning and will be calling me to tell me the results. THEN from there I have some choices to make (if I'm not pregnant). But right now I'm not trying to think too far ahead. I just want to know what's going on right NOW then I'll think about what's next from here.

But ultimately when I left I was so emotional I don't think I could make a rational decision about whether it was money well spent or not. I needed to sleep on it, and this morning I'm still kinda ehhhh about it all. I'm just waiting for that phone call, then I'll either celebrate or sulk and come back here and ask some advice. Either way, I'm making steps forward.

When crying to a girlfriend on the way home she asked what me what my gut says. And I told her I have to gut feelings. ( :roll: ) During the day when I'm going through the motions of life but still in the back of my mind slightly obsessing about all this--it's the not knowing that kills me!- I don't believe I'm pregnant, and I just want to move on. But then at night when I'm calm, and in my own space, post yoga/meditation I feel like I am. This makes so sense, and I realize this.

I really hope they call me and tell me what I want to hear today.

I'm probably gonna cross-post some of this~
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
mermaid.hair
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SEL » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:02 am

Aww mermaid - I have been following your dilemma. I'm so sorry for the crappy treatment from both the insurance company and the "talking at you" at the RE's office. Sending you a hug. Hope you get some answers soon.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff