Is there any hope?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Is there any hope?

Postby smouse77 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 am

My husband and I have been TTC for about a year and a half. I did get pregnant last September but it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Fast forward to now, my doctor is doing a full work up. I had CD3 bloodwork done followed by an HSG the other day. HSG was negative. My doctors office called this morning and told me my results from the bloodwork showed "low ovarian reserve" and they want me to come in on CD16 for an ultrasound to check follicles. I'm at a loss for words. I'm 34! What does this mean for me? What questions should I ask? Is IVF even an option? Is it over? Please, any advice or experience would be helpful.
smouse77
Friend

Re: Is there any hope?

Postby tylkaml » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am

Hey smouse77.

I'm not going to be much help, and I hope others who have more knowledge respond but I didn't want to read and run. I'm 34 as well, and I think it is common for the ovarian reserve to lower as we age. I would think IVF would definitely be an option because during this process they stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs at a time, which would help the chances of you getting pregnant. Stay clam, I'm sure you will feel better after the dr appt. I always fine better when I'm well informed and have a plan. Keep up the faith and try to stay positive.
tylkaml
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Is there any hope?

Postby Blessings111 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Dear smouse77,

I am sorry you are having challenges related to lab results. I hope everything works out for you. This is a very emotional ride and it is often hard to know where to look for help in that area. Sometimes emotional help can help our bodies heal. Julia Indichova offers wonderful help with more information on her website. Many people have conceived who have been told all kinds of things about their chances. Sometimes hormone levels respond to help with emotions. I wish you all the best.
Blessings111

Return to General TTC Stuff