TTC issues - help

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC issues - help

Postby Jellybean85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:46 am

Hello - long time reader but first post!! I was on the pill for about 12 years. I came off and have not had my period since (14 months!!). Has been frustrating as we are of course TTC. I started taking vitex and pre natal 2 months ago with no change. Went on Progesterone and had a withdrawal bleed and then started on Clomid 100mg (days 2-6) this month and have had confusing response! BBT charting has shown temps have been 36.4 for the last 7 days. I am now on cycle day 19 with no sign of ovulation (neg OPK and no temp rise). I also live in a small town so it seems there is limited option for higher levels of monitoring along the way. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any advice? It is a difficult and at ones torturous journey when all of our friends and family seem to fall pregnant immediately and has been an emotional time. Just hoping our time is not far away and would love to do anything to help us get there!
Jellybean85

Re: TTC issues - help

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 am

Good luck on your ttc journey :) it can take healthy couples 12-18 months to get pregnant, so don't feel disheartened if it doesn't happen first few months
Re your period, have you been to the dr? What has she/he said? They should be able to give you something to start your cycles, as although it's possible it's a hell of a lot harder to track your cycle/temp etc without your monthly period? I would have thought they would try get it back before they put you on clomid, because how do you then know you're taking at the right time in your cycle??
Hope you get some answers, and yout bfp very soon :)
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jellybean85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:35 am

Hello thankyou so much for your response! Yes have been seeing a doctor last 12 months and have had all the tests. Everything has come back 'normal' but they said my body has still been acting like it is on the pill and would need time. As we have already been trying for over 12 months (to no avail of course without periods and ovulation) now they have put me on Provera for a withdrawal bleed and Clomid for ovulation. Now I just have to wait and see if Clomid works but so far doesn't look like this cycle will!
Jellybean85

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am

Ahh thats so frustrating! Hopefully provera brings it on and clomid works to bring on ovulation,did your dr say what the next steps are?
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff