Help! Dreading ovulation week anymore

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help! Dreading ovulation week anymore

Postby Melb17 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:32 am

Hey all. I'm beyond frustrated and upset. I'm so tired of "trying" to get pregnant. My husband and I are not for a lack of a better phrase "horny" people. Lol. Even from the very beginning of our relationship we were good for two times a week. Since we have been married we do it once a week! We are both perfectly happy with that. We have a great relationship but trying to get pregnant is tearing us to shreds. We can't just "not try and have fun". It's quite obvious when the fertile window comes around we both panic.. it's so wierd. We can't NOT schedule sex. We wouldn't be having it so often otherwise!! I think I may have missed my ovulation too which is really upsetting me more then anything. I had a 27 day cycle last month 28 before that and 30 before that. I'm not very regular. Last month I ovulated day 15. We are now on day 13 and yesterday morning my ovulation test was almost positive now the line is so faint again. I'm devestated. I don't know if we will ever have children with this dynamic.
Melb17
Friend

Re: Help! Dreading ovulation week anymore

Postby Amouna87 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 am

Okay firstly breeeeathe! TTC can suck any amount of energy or enthusiasm out of even the most positive person, we were ttc for 3.5years and I can remember days where I used to just think forget this I'm done, days where I used to argue with DH if we didn't BD on time, days and hours looking up symptoms online, days I used to cry and cry and days where I picked myself up and carried on. Its hard, its really really hard and I get what you mean about you and DH, I am and always was much more of a cuddles on sofa kind of person lol so we both "knew" why we were bding so often one week a month and in fact it ended up being a joke everytime I'd come onto DH i'd get "oop! Must be fertile week!" Lol. I think the most important part is to be able to laugh together through it, why not just tell DH you don't want to track anything this month and you're not going to, (even if you do it doesn't matter), so that it's not both of you who's aware of every part of the cycle? I know my DH used to be kind of shell shocked when he knew I was just wanting to DTD because I was ovulating, so maybe shield him a little from it all? Buy some new sexy lingerie and go for it lol. Who cares if its twice a week it doesn't have to be every day? You could do it max three times that's every other day? Also your cycles aren't irregular, 27,28 or 30 days sounds perfect, irregular is when it gets to like 40 days one cycle then 60 another then maybe 15 another, yours sound like a perfectly healthy cycle and very rarely do women ovulate on the same day every month so you're fine in that sense. Re OPK you ovulate approx 24-48hours after your surge so just because it's negative doesn't mean it's too late! Think about it this way, your egg will get released 24-48hrs after surge then will stay there for 24hrs ish so bd tonight will still put you in with a good chance! Just think about those women who do gender swaying, they either only have sex three days before they get a positivd opk for a girl, or the day of ovulation (so when test goes negative) for a boy!
I'm sorry you're feeling like this :(
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:00 am

Hey Melb, we are the same way and always have been. Once or twice a week has been plenty for us, and O week is a pain because of that!

The cycle I got pregnant with with my son, we just did a day or two on and a day or two off from CD 10 until I got a positive opk, then did 2 days in a row right before O. It was still way more sex than we were used to, but it wasn't as exhausting or mundane, for lack of a better word, than forcing a BD marathon.

A couple of months ago, we did the 4 days leading up to O (and about once a week before that) and I got pregnant, but later mc'd. We just did SIX days in a row before O this cycle (started when I saw ewcm and thought O was imminent, but it was still a ways out), and it was not fun, but we got it done.

I think it's just about finding what works for you. The most important days are those 3 before O, so if you can hit at least 2 of those, you have a good shot. Of course any extra BD will up your chances, but you don't have to BD every day of your fertile window to get pregnant!
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Melb17 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Thank u ladies !!!
Melb17