Help +OPK 9 days after a positive OPK!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help +OPK 9 days after a positive OPK!

Postby Melb17 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello ladies! I had a smiley face 9 days ago. Here I am on cycle day 25 trying to wait until AF comes or what not. Anyway, hubby and I went to a party and out of the blue we got a little tipsy and had to take a taxi home. We came home (two nights ago) and we had great normal sex. Sex has been really stressful lately so this was a nice random change. Anyway the next day(yesterday) he was all over me again which is not like him.. usually he's not very horny all the time. Something made me take an OPk and bam! Blazing positive. This morning was blazing positive as well. Hpt was negative. Usually cycles are like 27-32 days so I'm in limbo right now. Any thoughts? Could I ovulate twice? I don't have many symptoms.. no preg symptoms no period symptoms. Only thing out of the ordinary is this cycle I have had a lot more cervical mucous. Wet and almost like the clear egg white discharge. Ugh I'm freaking out ! Any simaler situations?
Melb17
Friend

Re: Help +OPK 9 days after a positive OPK!

Postby SEL » Mon May 08, 2017 5:03 pm

I would take a pregnancy test. Sometimes positive opks are indicative of pregnancy.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Melb17 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:35 am

Thanks for your response. I did today 10dpo when I got the smiley and it was negative. I really don't know if I actually ovulated then.. maybe my egg waited to drop till yesterday? I'm currently cycle day 26 no signs of anything right now period or pregnancy
Melb17
Friend

Postby SEL » Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 am

Probably - sometimes we just have crazy cycles and O at weird times. FX for you and hope you catch the eggie! :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Slick » Tue May 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Just wanted to say that my OPK's show positive before every period, apparently LH surges before AF are not that uncommon. Also it is totally possible to ovulate twice! So who knows!! Tbh I just ignore the pre period LH surge, I don't think I'm ovulating its just hormones for me but who k ows you could be like super fertile!

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... e-a-month/
Slick

Return to General TTC Stuff