Irregular cycles? Should I be concerned?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Thoughts? (You can choose more than 1!)

Don't sweat it!
50%
You should get checked out.
No votes
You may have miscarried last month.
No votes
I don't think you miscarried.
50%

Total votes : 2

Irregular cycles? Should I be concerned?

Postby imjessica_ » Wed May 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi, there!!

I've been tracking my cycles for several months now + have been officially TTC since this February. (currently 5dpo on month 3 of trying). As I'm reading more, I'm wondering if my cycle is weird + if I should talk to a doctor.

My cycles, to my knowledge before tracking, have always been pretty regular. In December, I did get
my period twice (you'll note the short 19 day cycle in the image). It was a rough month emotionally so we just chalked it up to stress. My last cycle was over 30 days + we thought we were pregnant! I got a heavier than normal AF so we wondered I was pregnant + MC. This cycle I took an OPK daily + discovered I o'd nearly a week later than my app predicted so who knows what happened with being late last month. Ugh! All that to say my cycles for the last few months have been as little as 19 days to as long as 34 days. Any thoughts? I'm grateful for your time + feedback! Happy Wednesday!!
Attachments
IMG_0376.PNG
(104.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
imjessica_
Friend

Re: Irregular cycles? Should I be concerned?

Postby Danaa » Wed May 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Besides the 19 days one I think your cycles are nothing to worry about just yet but if they do become longer I would start taking some supliments to help the hormones.
Ovulating late means ur period will also be later than usual,if you had a misscariage you would have known,I had an early loss and the bleeding and overall the process was nothing I experienced before.
Keep taking the opks and BD at the right times and you will get pregnant in no time.Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby imjessica_ » Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 pm

thanks, doll! I am so new to this + a total over thinker...not to mention a "glass half empty" gal. i really appreciate your time + feedback!! <3 <3
Danaa wrote:Besides the 19 days one I think your cycles are nothing to worry about just yet but if they do become longer I would start taking some supliments to help the hormones.
Ovulating late means ur period will also be later than usual,if you had a misscariage you would have known,I had an early loss and the bleeding and overall the process was nothing I experienced before.
Keep taking the opks and BD at the right times and you will get pregnant in no time.Good luck!
imjessica_
Friend

Postby Danaa » Wed May 24, 2017 2:06 pm

No problem!Im glad I could help.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:01 am

I O between CD 15 and 23 pretty regularly. As far as I know, I don't have anything "wrong" with me and I've been pregnant twice. Even with really regular cycles, it's not unusual to have a couple that are way off your norm each year, so I wouldn't be worried about that!

I'd definitely recommend tracking your cycles to learn your luteal phase length, as that 19 day cycle makes me wonder if you have a shorter than average LP.

As for the possibility of a mc, you may never know, but losses (especially very early ones) can affect people in very different ways. I lost a baby at 5 weeks and my body reabsorbed the tissues. The bleeding was like my normal period, which is little more than a couple of days of spotting.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 860lindsey » Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 am

I typically ovulate between cd 19 to 21 but have ovulated as early as CD14 and his latest cd 25. This means my cycles have been anywhere from 26 days to 37 days. I've been pregnant twice too. I think it is more normal to have somewhat irregular cycles. The "normal" ovulate on day 14, 28 Day cycle is less common than you think. This is also why I don't put much stock in apps that tell me when I am predicted to ovulate. I go by opks beginning on day 10 and checking cm.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff