Why am I feeling selfish!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Why am I feeling selfish!

Postby Amy233 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:28 am

Feeling guilty about writing this post. I've got a beautiful two year old and I'm struggling to conceive. First time around wasn't fun to be honest, took a long long time with m/c along the way. Been trying for 7 months now for a second and it's just not happening. All those feelings I had before of monthly disappointment, bitterness and jealousy have come creeping back. I keep telling myself I should be grateful for my darling daughter (which of course I am!) but I really want her to have a sibling. I feel so selfish like firstly I'm betraying her and secondly because I'm blessed to even have one child! I had terrible anxiety my first pregnancy because I just couldn't believe it was true and I'm desperate to feel pregnant again. Friends have kind of given up asking me about it as it's become a sensitive issue and my husband keeps positive and says maybe next month. Grateful for any words of wisdom! ☺️
Amy233

Re: Why am I feeling selfish!

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Hang in there and don't feel selfish at all. It's completely normal to have those feelings but you aren't selfish. I had 4 kids and wanted a fifth and final it took me 18 months to conceive my 5 and I had similar feelings as well bc I already had 4 kids but I really really wanted one more. It was a struggle but I finally got pregnant. There's nothing wrong with wanting more kids! Hang in there hun and I hope it happens soon for you.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SEL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 am

Nah, you're not being selfish. You mirrored my feelings exactly.

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessietardiff » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 am

I think its normal to feel this way. Just hang in there.

I'm with you. trying to conceive for 16 months now. have 1/2 & 2 year old, never expected it to be so emotionally draining or difficult.

I just don't understand why can't i do this!! three of my friend are currently pregnant and trust me i am trying so hard to be happy for them but i don't know why i feel very excluded and totally gutted.

Its nice to write it down to others who are going through the same as difficult for family or friends to just understand.
jessietardiff

Return to General TTC Stuff