Not sure if I should start TTC or wait tile 2018?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Not sure if I should start TTC or wait tile 2018?

Postby betty077 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:58 am

Hi Guys
I have a bit of a situation and it's driving me nuts!! :( :( My DH and I have been TTC since last year 2016, we got pregnant in February but I unfortunately lost the baby 2 months ago. We wanted to continue ttc but I just got a job offer.
Ok a bit of background on the situation. I have only finished my university studies this summer. And I got a position in a primary education school so I won't be starting until September.
This will be my first EVER real job and its exactly what I wanted since I went into college.

Now the dilemma.... If I do get pregnant soon, that means I would only be working for the first school term. I would have to go on maternity leave after working only a few months!!
I should also point out that my contract is just fixed term and not a permanent position, so they probably won't want me back! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I really really really wanted to TTC again, but I feel in my heart its wrong because of the Job situation. What are your thoughts??

Sorry for the essay <3
Betty
Me: 24
DH: 26
TTC#1 since October 2016
:hb: :hb: :hb:
betty077
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Not sure if I should start TTC or wait tile 2018?

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 pm

That's tough. Maybe just ntnp and let what happens happen? That's probably what I would do, but if you are wanting this job long term, even after having a baby, then it might be smart to get a year of work under your belt so your foot is in the door.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Not sure if I should start TTC or wait tile 2018?

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:11 am

That is a very difficult decision and no one can make it for you.

However, since you are asking for advice :), I will say in my humble opinion you should have lots of time after getting your career started to TTC. Looking at your signature you are still young, and if it were me I would definitely get my professional career established first if I had the opportunity. That will only help your future little one right? The extra stability, and the extra life experience, and extra confidence their Mommy will have :) when they are born.

I wish you the very best of luck!!!!!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General TTC Stuff