Tell me what you know about recurring pregnancy loss!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Tell me what you know about recurring pregnancy loss!

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:48 am

My story in a nutshell:
*Periods were always about 4 days, with at least one heavy day, then medium and light after that.
*Had a healthy pregnancy with my son who was born in July 2015, but had to have a c-section with an inverted T incision to get him out as well as a benign tumor removed from my ovary at the same time.
*At 6 weeks post partum I had the mirena put in. I had no periods for the year is was in. After I got it out in November 2016, my periods have been a day or two of spotting and that's it- no clots, no tampon needed, just panty liners.
*Got pregnant in January and June of this year, lost both pregnancies at almost exactly 5 weeks.
*I suspect I had at least one chemical pregnancy in April (very, very, very faint lines on wondfo for a few days, an indent looking line of FRERs for a couple of days, LP was 2 days longer than normal) and possibly one other at the end of last year, but I don't have proof.
*I have O+ blood, so no rhesus factor.
*With my blood work for this last pregnancy, my hemoglobin A1c levels were just barely into the pre-diabetic range, so I'm working on losing weight. My doctor said this didn't cause the miscarriages, but that it could cause problems further on in a pregnancy. All other basic bloodwork looked good.

I'm meeting with my doctor in 2 weeks and I need to be prepared with questions to ask him. The things on my list are:
*Low progesterone
*Low estrogen and progesterone
*Related to the previous two: thin uterine lining
*Asherman's syndrome (scar tissue from the vertical or regular parts of my incision and/or the IUD)
*MTHFR gene mutation
*Clotting disorders
*Age (I'm 32, wondering if egg quality could really have decreased enough in 2 years to make a difference?)
*Thyroid function (I' overweight and have a really hard time losing it now compared to a few years ago)
*PCOS I have no reason really to think that this might be an issue, as I ovulate regularly, but it's been one of those things at the back of my mind
*I have quite a bit of stiff hairs (they are light/white, and I have dark brown hair) I have to pluck regularly from my chin and have been having trouble with acne since I got my IUD out. I have read both of those can be related to unbalanced hormones.
*H. Pylori infection

I'm wondering if there is anything else I should ask about? Does anyone have any personal experience with any of the things above? I would love some insight on what signs and symptoms led you to discover them and if you were able to find a treatment that worked for you.

Also, does anyone know how much of this an OB will look into themselves? There was talk of possibly needing to see an RE for many of these things and I have no idea what kind of insurance coverage we have for that. The nurse even mentioned that the OB doesn't usually check progesterone levels, that's something an RE would do. I love my doctor so I don't want to go somewhere else, especially if it's going to get expensive! My doctor is still not convinced that there's anything "wrong" with me, but I've been worried about my short periods and whether I can sustain a pregnancy since before I even got pregnant this year. I just feel like something is up and I want to get checked out.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Tell me what you know about recurring pregnancy loss!

Postby Veronica86 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Becca- I've been meaning to share this blog with you. It's a woman who kept having early losses like us. Her story begins in April 2010- She's a great resource for info and still updates/ answers questions!

https://recurrentearlymiscarriage.wordp ... m/2010/04/

I think all of the questions you have for your Dr sound great. However, as you said, OB's don't specialize in this stuff. Although they may be able to authorize these tests, they may end up referring you to an RE. Either, way I think you'll get the answers you're looking for!
Me (31) and DH (32)
TTC #1 as of Jan. 2016!!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP on 3/22/17- :angel: mc @ 6 weeks 5 days

BFP on 6/4/17 - :angel: mc @ 5 weeks 6 days

BFP on 10/4/17- EDD June 17th, 2017
Veronica86
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff