Mucinex/Guaifenesin

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mucinex/Guaifenesin

Postby lafayette21 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 pm

I took Mucinex the cycle I got pregnant for my son 3 years ago.. but back then I knew my cycles and it wasn't difficult to predict ovulation or at least my fertile window.

This time, its a little more complicated because I was on Nexplanon for the past 3 years and haven't had a regular cycle- I got off May 30th and then had a CP and now we're just doing the best we can to BD every other day and see what happens..

I'm taking Mucinex again and its been definitely making me wet down there.. but today I finally had EWCM.. its like DP9 counting from my chemical pregnancy.. I know thats a little early but basically this is my question

If someone were to take Mucinex to help with getting EWCM would it give you EWCM even when you aren't fertile? Idk if I should put that this is the start of my fertile days if it would give you that regardless
lafayette21
Friend

Re: Mucinex/Guaifenesin

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:53 am

Don't really have an answer for you but I'm in the same situation. I took mucinex cd 16 and cd 17 do to being sick. Today is cd 19 and I've been having watery discharge at cd 18 and today what looked like the start of some ewcm. I've been trying to track ovulation using digital opks but today is my 5th day with high fertility. So I'm wondering if ovulation is coming up (which seems really late) or if the discharge is from the mucinex.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Mucinex/Guaifenesin

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm

It won't give you fertile cm if you would not otherwise have it. It will just give you more of what's there, so you may have to inspect it more carefully to determine the quality of it.

After both of my early losses I had a patch of random early fertile-like cm but I didn't O until close to normal time and that cm was very obviously fertile cm and lasted for days, whereas the earlier patch kind of came and went throughout the day. It's also not uncommon to O a little early after a loss, so I'd definitely recommend using opk's anytime you see fertile cm just to see what's up! Good luck. :)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff