Would anyone like to share the tww?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Would anyone like to share the tww?

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:38 am

Geeky I'm just patiently waiting on o...not really. I want it to come already and get it over with!! Lol

I bought progesterone cream so I'm going to try using that after o. I had like 5 days of spotting last cycle before af so I'm hoping the progesterone works.

9dpo is definitely too early. Was it just a spot? No line whatsoever? I saw the pic you posted but it was too blurry. Maybe try a test tomorrow too just so you can make sure the trigger is out of your system, that way if you do get a line you know it's the real thing. Good luck!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:47 am

I understand the wait for O can be tiring too.. aren't we all just testing our patience? lol
Actually, I was half awake when typing.. I am 11 dpo today. I will try not to use a FRER before 13 DPO since last cycle a FRER picked up my trigger shot 13 days after I took it (false positive) at 11 dpo. But cheapies are less expensive and less sensitive so I don't mind "overusing" them.
According to your symptoms, I would have good hope for the progesterone, I think the cream has less side effects than the suppositories. I really hope it works for you :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:12 am

Yes I just got cheapies and have been using them like crazy already. I normally don't start testing til cd 12 but I started cd 6 this time.

This is the first time in a while since I had spotting way before af. But I've been previously told I had low progesterone and was put on prometrium. If I don't still have low progesterone I don't really see it hurting me unless I take before o. I heard it can delay/prevent o. That's why I'm going to wait 3 days after my first positive opk not sure when I should stop if I'm not pregnant. Any idea? I'm going to the doctors next month so I'll definitely ask. It'll be cd22/8dpo. She will probably be mad that I'm using it without asking.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am

Wow! I didn't know you could get progesterone cream without a prescription... I'm not a doctor so I guess my opinion doesn't really matter but, if you had a history of low progesterone, your "solution" isn't far fetched and as long as you start taking it after O... my doctor seemed very convinced that since I have NEVER had a BFP in my life and that all our other indicators are fine, that progesterone was the direction to look at, or at least, that the supplements could not do any harm.
How did you react to prometrium? That's what I'm currently on... I had just as many symptoms as before, just a few new ones (swollen feet and back ache) so, there not much I can make out of those until I have confirmation of BFN or BFP... I just want the day to be done so I can go test at home.. I completely understand your obsession with testing.. I guess it makes me feel like I have a little control over something
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsWright31617 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:58 am

AF showed today. It's bittersweet. It's sad that I didn't get my bfp but I'm happy I get to start a new cycle and see how this one turns out.
MrsWright31617
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am

Geeky that's what I'm thinking. I've already had a history of it so why not try it. I got mine from a health store and you can order it online as well. With prometrium I had to take it before bed. It made me nauseous and light headed but that's pretty much it. Let's us know what your results are tonight and post a pic so we can obsess with you.

Mrswright I'm sorry! But I'm glad you're looking at the positive. Are you doing anything different?
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsWright31617 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

We were limited on bd days so I'm excited we will be able to take full advantage of "quality time" lol. I'll be more consistent with temping and less obsessive on poas. I think I will also start opk sooner to better track my O.
MrsWright31617
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GiveGrace4 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 am

I'm sorry to hear about the recent afs.. fingers crossed for everyone for this cycle! <3

katy- yes, I've decided to try it this go around. We've used it a few times.. thinking it might be helpful for me so we will see!

I'm STILL getting "high" reads on OPK lol.. so I'm not sure if I'll get a peak or not--this is day 7 I believe.

I've got some pretty awful pain in my right side (ovary area) though. Usually I don't get those pains until I O.. and it's not this intense, so I don't. I have an appt early Oct so if it doesn't go away I will bring it up. Ovary pain never really went away after last cycle.
GiveGrace4

Postby KatyMilly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Krippy so sorry to hear about af, it's so hard but try to keep positive for the next cycle, as it could very well be the one! And like MrsWright said, you have a support network here so please vent when you need to.

MrsWright get some good bd'ing in!! :)

Welcome to the thread geeky!

Grace I'm experiencing almost continuous ovary pain as well. I do usually get it quite a lot but over the last few cycles it has been pretty much constant. I will mention it when i go for my appointment in 2 weeks.

Well ladies guess what? The cramps have started in earnest. AF is due in 5 days.

I can't remember who asked about my ivf appointment but we've actually moved it back a week as our dog needs an operation and will need a bit of looking after for a few days. We're starting in early October!

And I didn't even know progesterone cream existed!
KatyMilly
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Skylight026 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Grace don't give up hope. If this is your first cycle using it, I think it's trying to get use to your body. After my first cycle I got one high then my peak the next 2. it sucks to keep getting highs but your peak will come.

Katy yay! It seems like by the holidays you might have a little bean. And yes! You can get progesterone cream from a drug store. I would only use it after o because it can delay/ prevent it. This will be my first cycle so we will see what my doctor says about it.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:00 am

Good morning ladies,

Grace and Katy, I completely understand your situation with ovary pain.. have you ever had cysts after O? If it is a possibility for you, maybe a u/s could help ease your worries.

Sky, I tested again this morning 12 dpo, definite BFN on a cheapie... then again I am 12 days after IUI... but I had 5 follies lined up so WHO KNOWS when they were actually shot out and what dpo I'm really on. It felt like an ongoing firework down there for a few days!
MrsWright, I admire your resiliance! I hope your new cycle goes well!

Krippy, I am sorry about AF. TTC can really be such a pain.. I feel like I've been sad and angry, almost all the time for the last months. I wish I could feel differently, but I can't. I don't know if its the three year mark coming up or the fact that everyone around me is getting pregnant (despite their age), or all of the above.

It's a good thing that we are talking about our struggles and venting. I am so grateful for this forum and for your kind words and presence, it is reassuring.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby GiveGrace4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:08 am

Thank you skylight—that makes sense. I am just a little confused. High again this morning but the lines are pretty equal. I wonder if it’s possible that it says high but I could be at peak? I don’t want to miss it. And I’m also concerned that dh and I started consecutive day bd too soon... not really sure.

I agree though- I am definitely grateful for this forum!
GiveGrace4

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:26 am

Geeky at least we know now that the trigger is out of your system. At least with the cheapies, who knows about the frer. I would keep testing with the cheapies.

Grace are you looking at the lines when you eject it out of the holder? If so the line closest to the pee part (don't know what to call it) is the lh line and that one is usually darker than the 2nd line when I get my peak. It sounds like you're close. I would test with a cheapie tonight. I don't think it's too soon for bd as long as you have the energy to do it tonight and tomorrow. I do every other day so we don't have to worry about being too tired. We bd last night at cd 8 so I'll do 8,10,12,14 hoping that o day is on cd 14. It sometimes falls on 13 or even 15 but I'll change bd days if I have to. It'll fall on the weekend so I'm sure we won't be too tired ;)
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GiveGrace4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:45 am

Funny thing, I came home from work and tested again.. today was my early day (3:30a) so that mustve been too soon because NOW it is reading peak... :roll: also, alot of cm all of a sudden.
I am kind of relieved. Thanks for listening to me panic!

Don't laugh at this, but we've been bding ever since we got that first "high" last week :doh:
Kind of wished we would have chosen every other day--but now it's kind of late for that! I was just kind of worried about my chances would be decreased because of it. We're still figuring this stuff out.. lol.

That sounds like a good plan though skylight--I will have to keep that in mind if this is not our month.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
GiveGrace4

Postby Skylight026 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:39 am

Grace I can't laugh at you because we did the same thing when I kept getting highs lol. Wore ourselves out couple days before our peak so I'm sure we just missed it that month.

I still think you have a good chance. I think they say every other day so you don't wear yourself out. I've heard about sperm count being lower but not sure how true it is. Just keep bd the next 3 days and I think you got all your bases covered. I'm sure it seems like a lot since you've already been doing it everyday. So if you can't do the next 3 I would do today skip a day then the next day. I'm not too far behind you. Maybe another 3-4 days for me. Are you doing anything during your tww? I'm going to do the cream and maybe pineapple core both starting at 3dpo.
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to General TTC Stuff