New here. Hello! Also MMR question.

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here. Hello! Also MMR question.

Postby Udontnojakki » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi my name is Jakki I am 26yo female. My husband and I recently decided to ttc. I have gone off birth control (was on depo) and am back to normal 29d cycles. I recently talked to my Dr about ttc and she ran blood tests. She told me I was not immune against measels anymore. (did get shot when young) Has this happened to anyone else? Also I am scheduled to get this shot in 2 weeks and told not to ttc for atleast one month afterwards. Just wondering if anyone else has had this.
Udontnojakki

Re: New here. Hello! Also MMR question.

Postby GKR_1985 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:14 pm

I did, but it was the Rubella of the MMR...this happened to my mother too, and back them they were told to wait 6 months afterwards to try again!

However, I found out when they tested me after I was already pregnant. So, I have to get it done once the baby is born.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: New here. Hello! Also MMR question.

Postby Udontnojakki » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Oh OK. I was wondering if this was a common thing since I know I got the shot as a kid. Do you have to be really careful when pregnant then not to be around sick people? I'm just bummed we have to wait atleast another cycle or two before trying. But we can prepare ourselves better financially in this time which is good. Thanks for replying!
Udontnojakki

Return to General TTC Stuff