Ready to start charting temp for first time! Help me!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ready to start charting temp for first time! Help me!

Postby kruddlopez » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Ladies,
Help me! I am ready to start temping and charting BBT - but I have no clue where to start. I started my period today around lunch. So brand new cycle. DH and I are going to Walgreens/Walmart this afternoon to get BBT - but then I am lost.

Since today was the first day of my period, is it okay for me to start tomorrow morning before I get out of bed correct?? Is there an APP or chart I should download to record it? I already use Ovia but never for temperature charting. So, not sure where to begin in this process.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
kruddlopez
Friend

Re: Ready to start charting temp for first time! Help me!

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Go to fertility friend.com and sign up (it's free). Also download the fertility friend app. The website and app are connected so data will be available on either. They have a free charting course and videos that will make you an expert in no time. :)

But basically, you want to take your temperature at the same time every day after a solid block of sleep (3 hours is recommended) and before getting out of bed, rolling around too much, or taking to hubby.

Your chart may look kind of rocky at the beginning as you get used to temping, but it should level out as you get into the swing of things. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff