Need IVF advice please

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Need IVF advice please

Postby Orion » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:27 pm

I have been following this forum for several years, but this my first post. I had our first child at 40.5 yrs after 3 years of trying, 1 chemical pregnancy and 2 years of acupuncture treatment. We've now been trying for our 2nd child for over a year with no luck. I am now 42.5 yrs old and have been diagnosed with diminished egg reserve. I've had 4 IUI treatments over the last 6 months with no success. My doctor is now recommending IVF as the last option, but says the success rate is around 10-15% at best. I'd have to take a loan to pay the $24,000 it'd cost and I cannot more than one treatment at most. My husband thinks I am insane to go for this procedure given the poor success rate and thinks we should be happy with our child. I, however, feel a primal need to have another child and want to try IVF. I am very confused. Are there any women in my age group who've had success with IVF? Any advice on what to do is highly appreciated.
Orion

Re: Need IVF advice please

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Orion i have read that women around that egg have been put for 3 to 4 month prior to ivf on ubiquinol and drea and there egg quality have improve i dont know if your doc will want you to try that before going into the process. I personally have been on it for 3 month now and im schedule to start ivf i dont know if my egg are the problem but im on the unexplained category after trying 9iui. If it does not hurt way not give it a try. Im also taken royal jelly i read it will help you produce more eggies. Good luck. Oh im 38. Its very hard to put everything we have but once we succeed i know we will not regreat every penny we spend. Good luck check it out.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Orion » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Thank you for the advice. I have been taking ubiquitol on my own for the last 3 months. My RE has not been helpful in this regard. I read only last night about dhea and have ordered it. My egg retrieval is planned for mid September and I am really hoping that a month of dhea supplements will have some effect. I haven't tried Royal jelly, but will start it.
Orion

Postby hjg6767 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:09 am

Orion wrote:Thank you for the advice. I have been taking ubiquitol on my own for the last 3 months. My RE has not been helpful in this regard. I read only last night about dhea and have ordered it. My egg retrieval is planned for mid September and I am really hoping that a month of dhea supplements will have some effect. I haven't tried Royal jelly, but will start it.

It's great that you're taking ubiquinol, given the research on CoQ10/ubiquinol for egg quality. There is also research that suggests that CoQ10 may help support sperm quality as well. Regular CoQ10 and ubiquinol both have poor absorption so no matter which type you choose to take, it's essential to choose a form that is both water and fat-soluble to ensure that your body is absorbing it.
hjg6767

Postby Orion » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 am

I thought ubiquitol had better absorption than other forms of CoQ10, but nevertheless, I'll read up and confirm that I am getting the right kind. Thanks for your help.
Orion

Return to General TTC Stuff