Chemical Pregnancy Last Cycle

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Chemical Pregnancy Last Cycle

Postby SaraElise » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:02 pm

DH and I are currently doing our 3rd iui on Saturday. I got pregnant last cycle but it ended up being a chemical. Has anyone gotten pregnant the cycle after a cycle a chemical and went on to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm absolutely terrified it's going to happen again this month. We're only able to do one more iui after this before moving on to IVF so I'm praying this cycle works!
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Chemical Pregnancy Last Cycle

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:29 pm

I understand your fears completely and I'm sorry for your loss. :( Whether you get your next bfp immediately after or months down the road, your chances of carrying to term are the same (and those chances are great!) However, if it would make you feel better, you could wait a cycle. Did your doctor have an opinion? Most say you can try again right away if you feel up to it.

One of my best friends had several losses followed by an IUI that was successful. She had a very healthy pregnancy and her baby is now 5 months old.

I know it's scary to try again, but do you really have a choice? For me the answer was no. I've had two losses this year and, although it's terrifying, I will go through whatever I have to to get my baby here. Best wishes to you and good luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SaraElise » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 am

I was out of state when everything happened. I tested positive for 4 days, called my doctors to set up an appointment for blood work and then started bleeding 3 days later. I called my doctor and the nurse I spoke to didn't seam concerned. By the time I got back for blood work AF was gone and we really didn't discuss anything. I just think I'm more terrified of it happening again because it was such a horrible experience.
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:21 pm

I get it. I'm one of the unfortunate ones who did have it happen again the next bfp I got. But I've just decided that I'll keep trying because it's all I can do. If I lose another one, I'll know to seek further help. But at one or two losses they still consider it an unfortunate coincidence. :/

If you don't have any time constraints, maybe try naturally for a cycle or two or take some time off completely to give your heart and head a rest. But really, the statistics say if you've had one loss, you are no more likely to have another. Hang in there. I know this sucks. :(
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 pm

I got pregnant July 2015, and a week after my positive test (several BFPs over several days), I started to bleed and my doctor confirmed later it was a blighted ovum. While slightly different, it is similar to a chemical pregnancy - in that I was only about 3/4 weeks along (if that).

My doctor said I should avoid getting pregnant my next cycle - but I didn't want to prevent pregnancy. I'm not advocating (nor would I advise) ignoring doctors, but I kept asking myself "what if this is THE cycle?" And so I ignored her advice and my husband and I just kept trying as we had been. Honestly, I figured the odds were against me getting pregnant the next cycle anyway.

I'm glad we tried. Got pregnant the very next cycle and ended up with my boy being born in May 2016. No issues at all. Although they did have me come in really early on for a viability scan and monitored me for several weeks (which would be somewhat unusual if I had not had a failed pregnancy the previous month).

So, to answer your question, yes. It can happen and can result in a perfect child.

I'm not advocating going against doctors advice though, if they recommend you skip a month.
Cassiopeia

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 am

My first pregnancy with Ivf was a chemical pregnancy or a very early loss but I got pregnant two cycles later with twin boys I only carried them for 22w but that loss is a very different story.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GKR_1985 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:59 pm

I am convinced the cycle before I conceive was a chemical. I had some squinters, they got darker, then BFN. Very next cycle boom, even though I ovulated a several days later than usual. I almost felt like my body was primed a bit.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
GKR_1985
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General TTC Stuff