New Here with No Luck...

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New Here with No Luck...

Postby meneak74 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi There! I am new here and a bit overwhelmed. There is a lot of info here so I hope I am doing this is in the right place.

My husband and I am both 32. We have been TTC for a while with no luck. We both know the reason we aren't having any luck and plan to see a doctor but I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what has been done about it.

We have a, I would probably say, a below average sex life, but since we started trying, it has been pretty consistent for the last year that we try around the time of ovulation. The problem is my husband has never been able to "finish the job." He can by himself, but cannot when we are together. He never has been able to. We have tried so many different things without success.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Is this common?

We are possibly looking into IUI, but are going to see what the doctor says.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
meneak74

Re: New Here with No Luck...

Postby 860lindsey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi and welcome. I have read several posts on this site about husbands not being able to finish when trying for a baby. In my opinion, sometimes it's that even though both want a child, the idea of having a baby is scary and that causes the man to be unable to finish. Or he feels pressure and that causes him to be unable. I would doubt technique is the problem, it's probably more emotional/psychological than physical. I know you said you are seeing a doctor but maybe a counselor or psychologist would be helpful. I'm not sure if you are religious but a marriage cd I have talks about the beauty of sex in a marriage is that you can give yourself to your spouse completely without fear. Im sure it's frustrating on your end especially with trying for a baby but I would think the best way to help him is to continue to be supportive. Everyone has something that they are going through and this issue is what you and your husband are dealing with.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: New Here with No Luck...

Postby Danaa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:46 am

I absolutely agree with Lindsey's post and I would like add that if he can finish by himself than you can try at home insemination,there is a ton of info about it on Google,I would try that for a few cycles and then go see a doctor.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff