Cycle #2 and I'm out

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycle #2 and I'm out

Postby serenity6 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 pm

First off I must say i feel so much for all of you and your struggle. I have two beautiful children that I conceived on cycle #1 one 13 yrs ago and the other Cycle #1 6 years later. Now we decided to try for #3 in our late 30's and it's not as easy at all. It's disheartening and it's only cycle #2. I used opk's this last cycle. BD 4 days prior and 1day prior to a positive opk test but we didn't succeed. With my other two we BD'd every other day for 2 weeks soon as af was gone. I was also a lot younger. I hoped it wouldn't be harder but looks like it's going to be. I'd like to try the way we did with the other two but we don't seem to BD that often. To be honest our sex life isn't much unless we are trying for a baby. And this time around even now that we are trying it's not often. I don't want it to become forced so it can be difficult. Anyway af came today so I'm out this cycle. Hoping we are more actively trying for cycle #3 and are successful. Hope you all are having better luck than we have had so far :-(
serenity6
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Cycle #2 and I'm out

Postby Krippycat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:02 pm

It is so disheartening trying to conceive and not succeeding! I'm 30 and ttc my first. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in July and this is my first cycle since, even though we started trying again right away. This is our 5th cycle trying, and I'm 8dpo now. Hoping I'll get lucky and get my bfp with a sticky baby this time.

Just know you're not alone. It really helps to talk about it with others that understand. I wish you lots of luck this cycle and I hope you get your bfp soon!
Krippycat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Cycle #2 and I'm out

Postby GiveGrace4 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Serenity I'm sorry to hear this, I know it's discouraging even though its only 2nd cycle..There is still hope it will be easier than you think though and I will have my fingers crossed for you--and krippy you too! I have really enjoyed receiving support here and I hope to provide the same. What Krippy said, having others who understand to talk to is a big help..
GiveGrace4

Return to General TTC Stuff