New here & looking for advice

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here & looking for advice

Postby AlessVa23 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello everyone! I have been on the pill for 12 years, and recently got married so we now want to try to conceive. My question is: Never, in 12 years, did I ever get my period while on my placebo pills. I always got my period during my active white pills. My doctor always had said it was ok and to just continue taking my pills everyday, which I always did for the past 12 years.
My question is: I am due for my period next week.
Do I stop taking the pill the day I get my period (which will be on an active pill). Or do I continue taking the entire pack and then stop once I hit the placebo pill?
AlessVa23

Re: New here & looking for advice

Postby Danaa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:59 pm

I have no idea what to say bcs I have no experience with bcp but I hope someone else answers.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: New here & looking for advice

Postby Julelabee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Hey, I would stop when you get your period. I was on the pill for 14 years. My doctor told me to use condoms for 2 cycles before we start trying. I didn't listen. Idk if it mattered but I got prego right away and lost it a few weeks into pregnancy. We are still trying. It's been a year which she's says isn't that long. I also had very irregular periods after the mc. My advice get at least one period after you stop your bc pills. Let your body get back on track. Good luck to you! And have fun!!! It will happen before you know it! Lots of Baby Dust!!!
Julelabee

Return to General TTC Stuff