DH NEEDS S/A, WHERE CAN WE GET ONE DONE & HOW LONG 2 ABSTAIN

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

DH NEEDS S/A, WHERE CAN WE GET ONE DONE & HOW LONG 2 ABSTAIN

Postby MamaPossible2010 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:37 am

Hi there. Me and my hub have 7 year old twin girls via IUI w/ clomid. He was 48 at the time. 25mill. post wash, can't remember the motility and mobility numbers, but they were def. not bad and we got preg. the 1st back to back iui, which was very lucky. IDK if 7 years later, luck will be so good, but hoping so. So far my tests have been good, waiting for some more, but nothing seems to happen naturally, i think MAYBE I have hostile CM, but nobody would ever check that for me, as IUI always seems to work, bypassing my vagina and cervix. I am 7 years older now too, so who knows now, but I hope.

ANYWAY, He agreed to get a semen analysis done so we can check his swimmers now and he agreed (YAY!) I know how men get about this believe me. Can I get it done through my OBGYN or does he have to see his urologist, or do I have to wait for an RE appt.??? Do we just need a script to a lab, but who gives u one? Or does it matter? I don't wanna call up the wrong place and sound like an idiot. (Never had one b4, we just went to IUI).

I would like to do it as soon as is humanly possible. The at home test just says if it is over a certain number, so I want the check. Wish I asked my ob last week. Anybody know how to go about this? Also, how long should a man abstain. I am reading some very different things online that are confusing to me. Some say 5 days. IDK. Which number is average for a good count?? IDK if it matters that he's not 35, but.. just curious. I don't wanna embarrass him, as men get sensitive about these things, so I'd ike to make it easier and get all of my facts 1st.

THANKS,
Shelly
MamaPossible2010

Return to General TTC Stuff