TCC after 20 years Diane

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TCC after 20 years Diane

Postby Ann_sky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi everybody! I'm new! My name is Anne :) We live on a reserve in the middle of nowhere haha (my husband manages the reserve)
Me and my husband are so excited as we decided we are finally ready and life- stable for a baby :-))

Now because of studies, exams, meeting my husband only at 30 etc I am now 34, so I guess I am already a bit in the higher risk area of getting pregnant. Plus I was on the Diane pil my whole life, since 15. It feels awesome to be off the pil but I have no idea if I ovulated at all (28 days ago I stopped the pil after the last pil of the strip).

I am checking 100 times a day if my menstruation starts! We are using protection, because I read it is better if you know the start date of your last menstruation. But nothing there :-(

I did feel quite a bit of cramps in the first two weeks after quitting the pil, so it felt like something is happening.

I just needed to tell my story, I know its early days but I wonder if others had issues getting it all to "work" down there after being on the pil for a long time!

Cheers :)
Anne
Ann_sky

Re: TCC after 20 years Diane

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:39 am

Hi Anne, welcome :)

I'm also 34 - also met my husband about the same time as you (I was 29).

I have no idea about Diane pill, but have you checked with ovulation strips to test for your LH surge? Might be a good indicator for the big O :)
Me: 34, DH: 29

DD1: Baby O (born June 2016), conceived while tracking here :) in Oct. 2015 (BFP 10 DPO)

TTC No. 2: C1 (start Nov 21 - cycle 29 days)

Taking multivitamins only for now
NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ann_sky » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:28 am

That's funny. And I see your husband is also younger than you (mine is 32) hihi
I didn't even know those strips existed. Are they 100% reliable? Its nicer to know immediately than going through the two week wait I guess. Is the ovulation before or after the peak? (I'm a vet and in some animals its before and in other animals after!)
Ann_sky

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:47 am

I'm bordering cogartown here ;) For months I kept it casual with him because I swore he'd be too young and immature (but fun ;) so, ya know...), but he persevered - lucky for me, cuz he's a fab hubs!

You know, I have no clue. I think it might be after? Good question! I never dug deep into it! Last time I conceived, I used the internet cheapies and when the line was as dark as the control line, we did the deed everyday for 3 days in a row, until the line got fainter again :)
Me: 34, DH: 29

DD1: Baby O (born June 2016), conceived while tracking here :) in Oct. 2015 (BFP 10 DPO)

TTC No. 2: C1 (start Nov 21 - cycle 29 days)

Taking multivitamins only for now
NewlyWed_Z
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff