Cervix before period

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cervix before period

Postby 860lindsey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 am

Weird question, does anyone know when the cervix opens up for menstruation? AF is due on Friday but I just checked my cervix and it seems open. To be honest though I have never really understood exactly what I am feeling. But what I felt today felt like I could almost stick the tip of my finger in the opening if I wanted to (didn't do that of course). If it's open that means no pregnancy, right? I would think it would need to stay closed to keep everything safe in there lol.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Cervix before period

Postby MamaPossible2010 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am

I read these things and have checked my own cervix for years now and very unfortunately these things can vary from cycle to cycle. Sometimes I feel it firm up and lower right b4 AF and sometimes it still feels a bit high and soft prior, and other times it feels low and hard earlier in the 2ww than other times, and when it's high and softer, and makes me think I could be pregnant, I get disappointed, but we make ourselves crazy during the wait, this I know.... but it seems that these changes, while they do happen in pregnancy, there is no hard and fast rule as to when. You could be weeks into a pregnancy before the cervix rises and softens, and yes it will close, but it's tricky to know WHEN, and it's hard to guage and can change very quickly. the 2ww they say to not use the cervix as any kind of guide to pregnancy symptoms, cause it may be a clue but it certainly also may NOT be. I have been there done that, but I HOPE THIS IS IT FOR YOU!!! XOXO Shelly

PS- When it closes up tight is again a mystery Before-after a BFP or shortly after that, IDK, but I'd refrain now just in case you are :). It could close up I am sure 20 minutes after you last checked. Yesterday I was soft and high and open and today I am not real low, but slightly lower, and harder. The body is wacky, but do not cont yourself out cause of that!!!
MamaPossible2010

Re: Cervix before period

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it!
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff