Surrogacy

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Surrogacy

Postby luciaj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 am

Hi! I am Lucia. Me and my husband are want to have a baby. I had endometriosis and some other problems. I had to removed my uterus because of that. I think that surrogacy is our only chance to have a baby. I am afraid because I don't know anyone who was in that position.
luciaj

Re: Surrogacy

Postby NewlyWed_Z » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm

That should be an interesting journey! :) isn’t there a Surrogacy thread on this board?

If not, maybe try babycenter or whattoexpext :)

Or chat with me about it ;) no experience but would love to follow your journey!
Me: 34, DH: 29

DD1: Baby O (born June 2016), conceived while tracking here :) in Oct. 2015 (BFP 10 DPO)

TTC No. 2: C1 (start Nov 21 - cycle 29 days)

Taking multivitamins only for now
NewlyWed_Z
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby trudyjohnson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:39 pm

There are many reasons why a couple might choose to take the route of having a baby through a surrogate mother. Some of them are same-sex couples, age, lack of a uterus, uterine structural problem and others. You and your partner can choose how involved you would like to be in your surrogate’s pregnancy. There are cases in which couples choose to allow the surrogate to remain a part of their life after birth. You will pay the surrogate a fee for carrying the child along with her monthly expenses, legal and maternity costs. Expenses can include travel, health insurance, housekeeping, clothing, and loss of earnings. Finding a surrogate can be as simple as having a relative or friend carry the baby for you, or going through a reputable, established agency which matches potential surrogates with intended parents wanting a child.
trudyjohnson
Friend

Postby ninaS » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm

There's still some controversy about using a surrogate mother to have a baby. The legal process is also tricky because it varies from state to state. Even so, whether it's because of fertility problems or other reasons, surrogacy is an option for you and your partner. Find out how it works and see if it's right for you. The surrogate then carries the baby until birth. She doesn't have any genetic ties to the child because it wasn't her egg that was used. Think about it before you decide but I think that this a good opportunity for you. I wish you luck and all the best in life.
ninaS
Friend

Postby trudyjohnson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:07 pm

If for some reason you can’t conceive, surrogacy creates a chance for a couple to parent a child that is genetically theirs. This genetic link will be either through your egg, your partner’s sperm, or an embryo which was created from your egg and your partner’s sperm. There is no doubt that surrogacy is a great option for you. Find a good clinic and I believe you will soon be blessed with beautiful child.
trudyjohnson
Friend

Postby noreenn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Unlike the olden days where surrogacy was frowned upon. These days people are embracing the technology. I believe with time everyone will be comfortable with idea. Now that it is just taking grounds. I have friends who have been though surrogacy. They are telling me it is something nice. Especially to parents who are looking forward to have parents. The surrogates are surely hel0ing couples out there. Although I feel they are doing it for business. Rather than helping people sincerely. This is the reason it is very expensive. Most [people will refer to surrogacy when it is the last option. That is when they have referred other options and have not worked out. So if you are going for the procedure go for a clinic taht is affordable. Like bio tex clinic whose services are also good.
noreenn

Return to General TTC Stuff