Laparoscopy surgery

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Laparoscopy surgery

Postby JollyS » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi! I am new on this forum. I am here to find some answers and comfort. I am afraid because I must go on laparoscopy surgery. I am trying to think positive. I know that I must do that but it's hard to face with that issue. I would like to hear your experience. This two weeks will be the hardest in my life. It's hard to wait. There is no moment that I am not thinking about it.
JollyS

Re: Laparoscopy surgery

Postby trudyjohnson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi! I don't have experience of my own in this subject but friend was in the same situation. I was with her, helping her through whole that time. Waiting was hard for her, even harder then the procedure. There are a number of advantages to the patient with laparoscopic surgery versus the more common, open procedure. Pain and hemorrhaging are reduced due to smaller incisions and recovery times are shorter. The key element in laparoscopic surgery is the use of a laparoscope, a long fiber optic cable system which allows viewing of the affected area by snaking the cable from a more distant, but more easily accessible location.Laparoscopic surgery includes operations within the abdominal or pelvic cavities, whereas keyhole surgery performed on the thoracic or chest cavity is called thoracoscopic surgery. Laparoscopy is often used to identify and diagnose the source of pelvic or abdominal pain. It’s usually performed when noninvasive methods are unable to help with diagnosis.
trudyjohnson
Friend

Postby ninaS » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Laparoscopy is performed when tests don’t provide enough information or insight for a diagnosis. The procedure may also be used to take a biopsy, or sample of tissue, from a particular organ in the abdomen.
The most common risks associated with laparoscopy are bleeding, infection, and damage to organs in your abdomen. However, these are rare occurrences. I know you are afraid. It's normal to be afraid when you are facing with something strange to you. After your procedure, it’s important to watch for any signs of infection.
There is a small risk of damage to the organs being examined during laparoscopy. Blood and other fluids may leak out into your body if an organ is punctured. In this case, you’ll need other surgery to repair the damage. All this risks are rare so don't think immediately that it will be something wrong with you.
ninaS
Friend

Postby JollyS » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you ladies. What about recovery from the procedure? How long does it take?
JollyS

Postby trudyjohnson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 pm

You’ll sleep through the procedure and won’t feel any pain.
When the surgery is over, you’ll be observed for several hours before you’re released from the hospital. Your vital signs, such your breathing and heart rate, will be monitored closely.
In some cases, you may have to remain in the hospital overnight.
In the days following laparoscopy, you may feel moderate pain and throbbing in the areas where incisions were made. Any pain or discomfort should improve within a few days.
You can usually resume all normal activities within a week. You’ll need to attend a follow-up appointment with your doctor about two weeks after laparoscopy.
trudyjohnson
Friend

Postby JollyS » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Thank you again. You helped me a lot. It's important to know pros and cons of the procedure. It's not easy to learn about the possible risks but that is all part of life that we must face with.
JollyS

Postby trudyjohnson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Be brave my dear. I believe it would be everything OK with you. I wish you luck.
trudyjohnson
Friend

Postby ninaS » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 pm

I wish you all the best with the procedure. And off course, I wish you all the best in your life.
ninaS
Friend

Postby noreenn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Having gone into surgery twice I know it can be a scary time not only for you, but for your family as well. Rest assure that God is in control of the situation. Keep your mind on Christ and your mind will be at peace. Tell the Lord all that is on your mind. Leave it all in God’s hands. Ask the Holy Spirit to comfort you. Trust that you are secure in our omnipotent God. Talking with others about their experiences is also beneficial. Most women in endometriosis support groups have had a laparoscopy and can provide valuable information to anyone going through it for the first time.
Almost everyone has some fears about surgery. We may worry about the risks, the anesthesia, the pain, or what the surgeon may (or may not) find. If you’re scared, it helps to determine what you’re afraid of, then work toward minimizing that particular fear. All the best dear in your procedure.
noreenn

Postby Angelaparker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:40 am

Hi JollyS. Are you done with Laparoscopic surgery? How did it go? Have you recovered yet? I hope everything went well for you. And that you are back to normal health. And a good routine life. It hurts me when people had to face things. That they scare. I marvel your strengths. And I did not know that you can get laparoscopic surgery even with the endometriosis. It is such a deadly disease. Can anyone tell me about the precautionary measures one can take? To avoid this thing to happen. And so, to save ourselves of the surgeries also... Thanks in advance!
Angelaparker
Friend

Postby Amouna87 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 am

Lol you spammers should at least learn how to write proper English! Post reported
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff