BBT help

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

BBT help

Postby Julelabee » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:19 pm

I've started taken my temp in am before I sit up. Not always at the same time. Seems mine jumps all over?
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: BBT help

Postby 860lindsey » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

You really need to take it at the same time everyday. Mine will be 96.8 at 4 am, 97.2 at 7 am, and 97.9 or higher if I wait until past 8:30.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Julelabee » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Should I sit up or staying laying down?
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 860lindsey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:28 pm

I stay laying down. I keep my thermometer in my pillow case under my pillow. So I don't need to get up to get it. Are you using a website to track your temperatures? If not, fertility friend is a really good one.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby noreenn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 am

I thought of helping you guys in your case by offering guidelines which I was taught in Bio tex clinic on how to get accurate results of bbt. The following guidelines should be followed when charting BBT: Take your temperature at as close to the same time every morning as possible. Take your temperature as soon as you wake up, after a solid block of sleep, before moving around. Use an accurate thermometer (fertility/basal thermometer available at your drugstore/pharmacy). Record your temperature as soon as possible after taking it. You can take your temperature orally or vaginally, but you must be consistent throughout the cycle. It is best if you can establish a routine where you enter your data at the same time every day just to form the habit so you will not forget. Missing data, especially temperature data can skew the interpretation of your chart.
noreenn

Return to General TTC Stuff