Low Iron - Anyone know a good iron supplement to take?!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Low Iron - Anyone know a good iron supplement to take?!

Postby shanay » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I recently had blood tests done for everything as my doctor wanted to check all my levels. I went online to check the results and noticed that my iron is low and I should be taking supplements for it. My doctors office is closed until the new year now, so I won't be able to hear from the doctor regarding iron supplements but I wanted to start taking some asap as I have read that low iron can effect fertility. Does anyone here take iron supplements, and if so, have any brand suggestions? I have read there are some brands that don't make you get constipated, while others do, so you'll have to take a stool softener too? Thank you!! :)
shanay
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Low Iron - Anyone know a good iron supplement to take?!

Postby minin23 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Nature Made Iron 65 mg. (from Ferrous Sulfate)
Vitron-C High Potency Iron Supplement with
MegaFood - Blood Builder, Energy Boosting Iron
Solgar - Gentle Iron, 25 MG, 180 Vegetable
Slow Fe, High Potency Iron 45 mg, Slow
21st Century Slow Release Iron Tablets, 60
Feosol Complete with patented Bifera Iron, 30

I think is is helpful for you.
minin23

Postby AlfonsoPas » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Did you consider any natural ways to get more iron into you system before trying supplements, Shanay?
AlfonsoPas

Postby shanay » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:46 pm

No not yet - I just wanted to get my iron up as quick as possible so I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave me a really strong one.. once my iron is up I will try something else that is more gentle on my stomach, maybe i'll look into something more natural??
shanay
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

This is going to sound weird but cooking in a cast iron skillet is a great way to increase your iron. Some of the iron from the skillet actually gets transferred to the food. So once your level is up this might be a natural way to help keep it from getting low.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby noreenn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 am

Iron supplements are dietary supplements containing iron that can be prescribed by a doctor for a medical reason, or purchased from a vitamin shop, drug store etc. They are primarily used to treat anemia or other iron deficiencies. There are three ways that it can be delivered: orally, intravenously or intramuscularly. You can go to Bio tex clinic for more information regarding this. Any woman considering pregnancy should consider Blood Booster when preparing for pregnancy and during pregnancy. Not only does this vitamin supplement contain the most effective form of iron. It also contains significant amounts of methylated folate and coenzyme B12 methlycobalamin. Important nutrients for healthy pregnancy. I hope this will be of benefit to you dear. All the best.
noreenn

Return to General TTC Stuff