Chemical Pregnancy/Positive Test

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Chemical Pregnancy/Positive Test

Postby togmom91 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Hello everyone! About 5 weeks ago I started popping positive on pregnancy tests. I had some very light bleeding for 4 days. Went to the ob and the ultrasound didn't show anything. They did blood tests and my levels went from 1000 on wed to 500 on Friday. They told me it was either a chemical pregnancy or a very early miscarriage. I never even filled up a pad the spotting was so light. Its been 2 weeks since that appointment. I have not bled or cramped since.I took 4 different brand pregnancy tests today and they are all still showing positive. Is it normal to still have leftover hormones or could I still be/ or be pregnant again? Anyone have a similar situation?
togmom91

Re: Chemical Pregnancy/Positive Test

Postby GKR_1985 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:04 am

Hmmmmmm, very interesting. I don't know, but how positive is positive? Are they darker than before?
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Chemical Pregnancy/Positive Test

Postby noreenn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:51 am

Once the pregnancy has been lost to early miscarriage than the hCG production ceases and later pregnancy tests will probably show up negative. Since the chemical pregnancy is the early miscarriage, once you have it than you will not likely have a positive test. It is often suggested to wait to take a home pregnancy test after your expected period is missed. Testing too early can produce a false negative so waiting until at least the day after a missed period or even a few days afterwards will give a better chance of giving an accurate result. I personally think taht you are pregnant. The good news is that if you have had a miscarriage of this sort, the chances are high that your next pregnancy will be normal.
noreenn

Return to General TTC Stuff