Any one else playing the waiting game?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Any one else playing the waiting game?

Postby Sweettreatmomma » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:46 am

Ok lovely ladies, I need advice!
I had gotten off the nuva ring a bit over 2 months ago. I needed to see my gyno to do another pap and get prescribed nuva ring again. Well, she was booked up for several months. (This meant I couldn't get my nuva ring.)
My periods (2 so far) came since then and were regular.
My bf and I have been having sex but using the pull out method.
(Yea, I know.)
We weren't trying to get pregnant, at least not yet again because I just had a baby 18 months ago.
So this is where things get complicated.
I was an avid tracker of my period. (Due to being on nuva ring.)
But since I haven't been on the nuva ring, I slacked off on writing down dates. I know for sure that my last period was around the 16th of last month. It lasted til around thanksgiving.
So, this month, I have been moody, and last week there were 2 days I felt nausea hit me. I had actually bent over the toilet thinking I was going to throw up but nothing.
Well, I noticed on the 23rd that I started slightly cramping. I went to the bathroom and wiped and seen a light brown on tp. I told my bf that I started my period. I went put on a pad and went about my day.
I noticed every time I went to the bathroom that I had nothing on the pad. It was only seen when I wiped.
Then it stopped. I started spotting again the 25th. Still a brown color, that turned a light tan. Just spotting and no blood clots or anything. I noticed it has gotten watery and is still that color. It's only when I wipe.
I am confused because my periods are heavy and start off bright red and HURT so effing bad!
I did take 2 preg tests, an hr apart, last Thursday and they both were negative. So i assumed that my period was coming. That's why on the 23 when i seen spotting I thought af was here. But nope.
Oh and I had to tell my bf what was going on. He asked if I was pregnant or not so he could put in more hours at work and start preparing. I told him I'm not sure. So it's a waiting game.
So does this sound like a baby in the oven or AF making a dramatic but late arrival?
I've got 3 kids, 9 & 7 yr old, and an 18 month old. For my 18 month old I just realized I was days late and took a pregnancy test for the heck of it. He was a surprise baby.
So this has me scratching my head and I have a nagging feeling that I am pregnant but at the same time I am like, nope I just had a baby, I'm not ready yet. (Either way I will be ok. I will love and care for the baby if I am pregnant.)
I'm just an emotional mess right now.
My books started hurting yesterday.
And those moody spells got me. I literally washed dishes while crying because I was hungry and there wasnt anything in the house that I wanted to eat. Lol
Sweettreatmomma

Re: Any one else playing the waiting game?

Postby GKR_1985 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:48 pm

If the brown was implantation bleeding then you might have tested too early. I had IB with my first pregnancy and it took 2-3 days after to register positive. Test again, let us know!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Any one else playing the waiting game?

Postby noreenn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 pm

I think you are pregnant. In as much a the hpt showed negative results does not mean that it might not change in the future. what I think you should do is maybe try again later. Something like a week later. That will at least give you an assurance. or maybe the brown discharge was implantation bleeding. But I think you can also go to the hospital. That is if you don't want to love with the suspense. But if you are fine with it then you can wait longer. Till when your af does not show up and feels like you now really need to take a test. Unless otherwise I have a great feeling for this. Congratulations for your 3 children already. Since the last one was a surprise baby. It seems the one who is coming again will be a surprise. All the best dear.
noreenn

Return to General TTC Stuff