Temping help

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Temping help

Postby Asinclair1988 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:12 am

Soooo I know I’ve only just started temping so I don’t know what’s “normal” for me but is this kind of temp dip normal? It looks way off the scale!

As you can see I had a positive OPK on cd19 then I had 4 days worth of even stronger OPK’s on cd25. My cycles average 35 days.
Attachments
0A529EAE-19AA-4410-B821-E79C833C4CB1.png
(178 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Asinclair1988

Re: Temping help

Postby Danaa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 am

Are you taking your temperature at the same time?zur temp besides the dip looks like post ovulation temp.
When you say stronger opks what do you mean?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Asinclair1988 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 am

I work nights but I’ve been off the past 3 days so managed to temp first thing in the morning rather than after I woke up during the evening.

I mean, the OPK was positive on cd19 but the OPK’s from cd25 we’re darker than I’ve ever seen an OPK go.
Asinclair1988

Postby Danaa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 am

The baby is not reliable if is not taken the same time every day right after you wake up.
Opks are positive when the test line is darker or as dark as the control line.
If your first opk wasn’t darker than the control lines and the next ones were is tough to know what is going on bcs you had fertile cm when you had ur first positive....I have no idea what to suggest besides wait and see what happens and try to take ur temp at the same time.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Asinclair1988 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:46 am

You’re speaking to me like I’m stupid...

I know what a positive OPK is, like I have explained it was just a stronger positive on the second surge. And yes your bbt is reliable at different times so long as you take it after your longest sleep. There are many reasons why you may get a crazy reading. Don’t just assume somebody is taking it wrong!
Asinclair1988

Postby Danaa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 am

Girl take a chill pill,I’m not saying ur stupid,I’m just sharing what I know.
Bbt to be reliable MUST BE TAKEN AT THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY!!
Sometimes our bodies try to ovulate and give a positive opk but not really release an egg,most of those times that opk is just as dark as the control line and when you get the “real” opk most of the times is darker than the control line.
Maybe I wasn’t making myself clear in my other posts but I was in a rush and I was only trying to help.
I apologize for trying to help....
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanay » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm

I had that happen to me this cycle.. I had a positive opk.. so I figured I was going to ovulate.. a day later I got a REALLY positive opk, I beat the control line.. then my temps spiked and confirmed ovulation.. so I didn’t actually ovulate when I got my first opk. Since you weren’t temping at that time you can’t really tell that you ovulated then.. also in the beginning of the month I tested taking my temp re same amount of sleep time and taking my temp at diff time and they were all over the map.. everything I have read onlin states you must take your temperature at the same time everyday within 30 minutes of that time. Meaning if you have been taking your temp at 5:30, you could take it at 5 or 6 and it would be ok. If you notice on fertility friend it shows your temps as solid dots and empty dots, it does this because you haven’t taken them in the right time frame. If you go to analysis, then detailed interpretation on the fertility friend app you will note it has a “time” section. Here it will state if your temps have been out of time and it clearly states temps should be taken at the same time each day! Hope this helps :) I did a lot of research this month to figure out the temp thing! It’s def very confusing
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Asinclair1988 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Thanks!! I did look online and because I work nights it said as long as you have a good sleep then you should be fine. That being said I did sleep most of today as I’m working tonight and when I took my temp again it was a spike rather than a dip lol!

So basically, should I get a new job? Lol
Asinclair1988

Postby shanay » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 pm

It’s super hard when you can’t temp at the same time! I set my alarm for 5:30am on the weekends so that I can keep mine accurate.. and then I can never fall back asleep.. so no sleeping in until I get pregnant I guess lol
shanay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff