SOY ISO experience :)

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

SOY ISO experience :)

Postby DentistmMama » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi ladies!!

A little background - Hubby (29) and I (28) have been trying to conceive since July. I have longish, but regular cycles, between 36-42 days (no PCOS)..so this month is our 6th cycle. We're both healthy, and no medical problems. It wasn't happening, so we got hubby tested in November, since its the least invasive - it showed that he had low motility and morphology but also had evidence of a prostate infection. So after a few weeks of antibiotics and a strict vitamin regimen, we had a repeat analysis done in December and everything was above normal! BFN (big fat negative (pregnancy test)) in December.

So this cycle, I decided to give my O (ovulation) a boost (and hopefully move up my ovulation date from CD (cycle day) 24). I took soy from CD 3-7 (120,120,120,180,180). Didn't get too many side effects except night sweats and moodiness. On CD (cycle day) 9, I had really bad cramping that kept me up all night, I thought I had a UTI! But the next day I felt fine. Strong but neg OPK.

Today is CD (cycle day) 12 and I've been getting very strong, but NOT positive OPKs since finishing the soy. I use internet cheapies and when it looks questionable I use the CB digital and it shows an empty circle (low fertility). As for CM (cervical mucus) - I'm bone dry! So just wondering what the heck is going on?! Has anyone else experienced this when taking soy? I'm definitely going to keep testing 2x day just to make sure I don't miss O, but were Being EOD to cover our bases. Really hoping this is our month!! I would love any advice or any experiences you have to share!!! Praying for my BFP!!!
Last edited by DentistmMama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DentistmMama

Re: SOY ISO USERS HELP!

Postby DentistmMama » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:56 am

Update CD13: noticed stretchy (but slightly cloudy) CM this morning. Used the CB digital and got a flashing smiley!! This is the earliest flashing smiley I’ve ever gotten! I’m hoping this is a sign that the soy is working!! Please send good vibes!
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:43 am

Update CD17: still getting flashing smiley in CB advanced digital - 5th day of flashing. EWCM. Had mild cramping yesterday. Hoping for that solid smiley!! BD EOD since I got the flashing smiley.
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:57 am

CD18- another flashing smiley. Getting real tired of these!!! Haha. Impatiently waiting for my solid smiley!! Lots of EWCM
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:58 am

CD20: SOLID SMILEY!!! Confirmed with cheapie. Lots of EWCM. Had some moderate cramping last night and mild this morning. Have been bd-ing EOD and will do it tonight and tomorrow as well! Prayers please!!

I should note that I got a positive 3-4 days sooner than usual! So I guess the soy is working!! Hopefully this is our month. Approaching the one year mark.
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Update CD22: two days since positive OPK. we have been BDing every other day but did it on the day of the positive and the day after (yesterday) and used a soft cup overnight for both days. Skipping today and will bd tomorrow too :) no symptoms. Just extreme bloating and irritable (maybe due to lack of school). Slight cramping on the right....similar to gas pains. Keeping calm and praying so I don’t stress myself out. One thing I did notice this cycle is that I broke out like crazy a few days before O....which has never happened to me...I always break out a few days before AF. Maybe stronger O due to soy?? Hell I’ll take this teenage acne business if it means a baby!!! Haha
DentistmMama

Re: SOY ISO experience :)

Postby DentistmMama » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 am

Update CD25/5dpo: had the most intense headache last night. Ended up needing to take 1000mg to Tylenol and slept like someone shot me with a tranquilizer!!! I’m a terrible sleeper so it’s rare when I sleep like that. Maybe because of the headache?? This morning when I woke up, I felt a gush of liquid down there and I felt like i peed myself! Suuuper watery CM. 15-20 min later it happened again!! I had to change my underwear. That hasn’t happened to me before in that quantity. Continuing to pray
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Update CD26/6dpo: really restless last night and kept waking up. Lots of CM again with a constant “wet” feeling. One time I wiped and it was stretchy and cloudy...weird. Feeling crampy and tired. Sinus pressure too but that may be due to seasonal allergies.
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:12 am

Update: Most of the evening I was having moderate cramping. Super tired and had the worst craving for mashed potatoes and buscuits from Popeyes and I’ve never even eaten at Popeyes!! Hubby and I did bd and I normally have issues with dryness (always end up needing preseed) but we had ZERO issues due to the amount of creamy/watery (not EWCM) cm I had! It was a little painful at first but I was fine a few min later. Was very very restless last night and woke up feeling very hot. Still praying hard for a sticky bean!
DentistmMama

Postby DentistmMama » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Update! Sorry it’s been a few days! Not much happening here. I’ve noticed loads of CM - basically shifting between creamy/watery and EWCM. I’ve never had EWCM during my tww - though today in particular things are dry. I’m hoping it’s a good sign!! Also crampy now and then and I can feel it in my lower back. Been very snappy with hubby (poor guy) and having daytime sleepiness but restless at night. My Ovia app says I can test on Tuesday which would make it about 13 dpo. I may just hold off till AF is due on Wed or Thursday
DentistmMama

Return to General TTC Stuff